Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Arsenal Buyout

Possible Arsenal Buyout

Seeing it's been reporting that Alisher Usmanov the second biggest shareholder in Arsenal has supposedly put in a bid to buy our Arsenal's Stan Kroenke's stake for a whopping 1 Billion Pound. I think this could and I mean slightly effect Liverpool a bit because Alisher Usmanov as as we al know is Everton Owners Farhad Moshri best mate and business partner. The thing which could effect us a bit is that if big Stan doesn't sell his shares then Usnanov might up sticks and sell his shares because he can't have sole charge this could push him towards Everton FC I know some Everton mates have said that Moshri has been trying to get Usmanov to come on board at Everton and am wondering if he doesn't get the shares at Arsenal he might well take up his mates offer at Everton...this could spell trouble for Liverpool considering the money they would have at there disposal...listen it's just speculation but don't rule it out...am watching with interest....

Moshri has been in charge for over a year, at this moment in time they are in danger of losing their two best players, Lukaku and Barkley, and don't see a queue of top players wanting to join them. they will never match what City United and Chelsea could pay in wages and can't offer them cl football either. They may be richer than they were a couple of years ago, but who have they signed in that time that those other clubs wanted but they beat them to it?
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Moshri has been in charge for over a year, at this moment in time they are in danger of losing their two best players, Lukaku and Barkley, and don't see a queue of top players wanting to join them. they will never match what City United and Chelsea could pay in wages and can't offer them cl football either. They may be richer than they were a couple of years ago, but who have they signed in that time that those other clubs wanted but they beat them to it?
    yes your completely right however this could change, I know Usimov has been very determined to gain control of Arsenal in the past but if he doesn't he might decide enough is enough..if he did invest in another Club I think he would be pretty determined to get one over the Gooners. Like I say we are all just guessing, Everton are going to be a lot stronger in the coming seasons, having gained control of the local fanbase and will be moving into a new stadium, young talented manager...for now in Koeman along with an owner not short of a few bob...the foundations look in place and the future looks pretty bright for the blue half as it is....

Why now?

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Why now?
    Maybe they have a different opinion on Wenger, Wenger might be staying under Big Stan and Usimov might want shut of him and another manager in spending his money and the only way to do this is buy him out...am sure it will soon be revealed anyway...all interesting tho...

On the eve of possible qualification for Champions League...and the FA Cup Final. Hmmm...

On the eve of possible qualification for Champions League...and the FA Cup Final. Hmmm...
    you sayin Arsenal's hiercachy are taking a leaf out of the FSG handbook as in Throwing out possibly transfer targets names out there like that Monaco player on the Eve of the champions League play off game on Sunday...

No. I think that's what you're saying.

No. I think that's what you're saying.
    I think all football clubs and managers apply spin to gain things, I know Everton used to do it loads back in the 90s as in linking themselves with players they were never going to buy...this got fans excited and kept them engaged and spending. I remember Everton doing this sort of tactic when the trophies dried up and they were slowly sliding from grace and I have notice We are adopting these types of tactic more and more in the last 5 years, I think success always keeps fans interested and engaged but once you can't offer them that anymore you have to think of another plan and linking themselves with exciting players even if you don't really have a chance of signing them gives supporters false hope and keeps them spending.
    If you look at us, FSG have told us they are naming a stand after a legend and we may be expanding the stadium, on the other hand we look poised to sell our best player to Barca, we will never get planning permission to expand the stadium to what they said and now we are linked with a Monaco player that Madrid, Chelsea, United, Barca and City would also like to sign...FSG are adopting a tactic we like to call " all smoke and mirrors "

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    I think all football clubs and managers apply spin to gain things, I know Everton used to do it loads back in the 90s as in linking themselves with players they were never going to buy...this got fans excited and kept them engaged and spending. I remember Everton doing this sort of tactic when the trophies dried up and they were slowly sliding from grace and I have notice We are adopting these types of tactic more and more in the last 5 years, I think success always keeps fans interested and engaged but once you can't offer them that anymore you have to think of another plan and linking themselves with exciting players even if you don't really have a chance of signing them gives supporters false hope and keeps them spending.
    If you look at us, FSG have told us they are naming a stand after a legend and we may be expanding the stadium, on the other hand we look poised to sell our best player to Barca, we will never get planning permission to expand the stadium to what they said and now we are linked with a Monaco player that Madrid, Chelsea, United, Barca and City would also like to sign...FSG are adopting a tactic we like to call " all smoke and mirrors "
    Who is "we"? Your split personalities? Or the staff at LFConline?!

Anyway let's not stray off topic, this thread is about Arsenal - unless you are trying to use smoke and mirrors to make it about FSG...