Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stand up comedians

Stand up comedians

Went last night to see Micky Flanagan, Bloody brilliant he was .
    So who else do you like ?

Stewart Francis is great, a Canadian who spends a lot of time over here. Jimmy Carr is another one, I watch 8 out of 10 cats do countdown, it's better than the original one, it takes about 20 minutes before the game starts as there's a lot of waffling beforehand.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Stewart Francis is great, a Canadian who spends a lot of time over here. Jimmy Carr is another one, I watch 8 out of 10 cats do countdown, it's better than the original one, it takes about 20 minutes before the game starts as there's a lot of waffling beforehand.
    Yeah I like that myself. Have I got news for you is also up there. Paul Merton is as sharp as a tack.

Frankie Boyle and your man in the wheelchair.

I love stand up. Prefer the small gigs to the bigger stuff and am constantly surprised at gigs by how funnier people can be live (when they aren't in a room full of dick head hecklers)

Kevin Bridges is deffo one of the best on the big circuit at the minute. Flanagan is great, Sean lock and Ramesh are decent.

Richard Pryor was the best ever ever ever. Eddie raw and live was close behind.

Old school Stuart lee and Mark Thomas is great. Saw Eddie izzard who was my hero and was mightily disappointed that he done the same routine as 1988 in 2009.

In ireland Andrew maxwell, Neil decametre and David o Doherty are good.

Obviously tommy tiernan is a legend but you can also get him on a bad night and he goes too dark for me.

Seen Reg D Hunter last year. Stoned, depressed and a waste of time. Comedy can kill you.

I done 2 five minute sets in the empire in 1994. First went down a storm. Second killed me.

Chippy chicken, was a legend.
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

Being 50 next year I'm old school..Never ever laughed as much before or since when Billy Connolly did the 1985 Audience With programme on ITV...I've always liked Jasper Carrott too along with Lee Evans,Frankie Boyle and Russell Howard...

Flannagan was meh in my opinion. Just ok. Best I have been to were Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr he surprised me to be honest had low expectations.

Also liked Tim vine but too clever for many of audience. Not me mind!

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPEA View Post
    Flannagan was meh in my opinion. Just ok. Best I have been to were Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr he surprised me to be honest had low expectations.

Also liked Tim vine but too clever for many of audience. Not me mind!
    Yes, Tim Vine is very good. Find myself laughing at one joke, then missing the next 3, he is that quick.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Yes, Tim Vine is very good. Find myself laughing at one joke, then missing the next 3, he is that quick.
    Tim Vine is very quick, lovely delivery style too

Stewart Francis, only seen his short sets but again great timing and wordplay

Milton Jones.....superb. Off the wall and very different

Omid Djalili.....can just about forgive him being a Chelsea fan....very talented.

Frankie Boyle....would love to see live...squirming quality

Haha, Frankie is quite fun.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non