Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: salah

Personally, I don't think this is as much as a risk as some. In fact, to me it's a great bit of business and although it would smash our transfer record in my mind the fee is still in the low-mid range comparatively, given the ridiculously inflated market at the moment.

I see people say that he's a proven failure in our league but IMO the fella did not get a fair crack of the whip while at Chelsea [let's face it, he wouldn't be the first and he wont be the last] but he was excellent at Basel beforehand and his stats [yeah, I know - 'stats'] since leaving Chelsea have been consistently excellent and he has good key attributes like pace with and without the ball, game intelligence, work ethic [tracks back quite a bit], very rarely gets injured etc. which suit us down to the ground. Hell, his experience at Chelsea may just work in our favour, in that he may feel that he has a point to prove.

Yeah, it's fair to say that I'd like to see this one happen.
    Here's looking forward to a summer of hype, hearsay and bullshit, ultimately ending in disappointment and disillusionment.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyred View Post
    Personally, I don't think this is as much as a risk as some. In fact, to me it's a great bit of business and although it would smash our transfer record in my mind the fee is still in the low-mid range comparatively, given the ridiculously inflated market at the moment.

I see people say that he's a proven failure in our league but IMO the fella did not get a fair crack of the whip while at Chelsea [let's face it, he wouldn't be the first and he wont be the last] but he was excellent at Basel beforehand and his stats [yeah, I know - 'stats'] since leaving Chelsea have been consistently excellent and he has good key attributes like pace with and without the ball, game intelligence, work ethic [tracks back quite a bit], very rarely gets injured etc. which suit us down to the ground. Hell, his experience at Chelsea may just work in our favour, in that he may feel that he has a point to prove.

Not many youngsters at Chelsea get a fair crack at the whip, they prefer to send them out on loan and eventually sell them on. Hopefully, their loss will be our gain.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Much like with Solanke. And Phil at Milan. There's always going to be under utilised gems about somewhere.

Much like with Solanke. And Phil at Milan. There's always going to be under utilised gems about somewhere.
    Spot on.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Agreed.... One need only look at David Luiz to see how a player can symultaniously be a flop - sold - then bought again and become a hit!

Personally if I was FSG I would bend over backwards to supply Klopp with whatever he wants...! The guy knows what he is doing and they are completely out of their depth....

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed.... One need only look at David Luiz to see how a player can symultaniously be a flop - sold - then bought again and become a hit!

Personally if I was FSG I would bend over backwards to supply Klopp with whatever he wants...! The guy knows what he is doing and they are completely out of their depth....

Certainly are,bought the club for a pittance and now using their knowledge and skill to build it to a point where they will sell it for a absolute fortune.
    Basically people like you and others get in a arse because they are not running it how you would like them to
    Alonso is a good player,Lucas is a proven world class player,In fact he is the best player in the world in his position

Quote Originally Posted by JONO View Post
    Certainly are,bought the club for a pittance and now using their knowledge and skill to build it to a point where they will sell it for a absolute fortune.
    Basically people like you and others get in a arse because they are not running it how you would like them to
    Don't think there's any doubt FSG will do well financially, when they eventually sell up.

Steveo there is a bit of a nut, when it comes to FSG. Having said that, 1 League Cup since they took over 7 years ago, followed by sacking the club legend who won it. On a scale of 1 to 10, how well would you say they've done making the club competitive on the field? That's really all that matters to fans, right? Who really cares if it's 250m or 1bn that FSG end up riding off into the sunset with?
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Henry's missis?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Henry's missis?
    And someone said there is no room for women in football, he obviously hasn't clocked her.

Quote Originally Posted by JONO View Post
    And you seem to get in an arse with anyone who has anything other than praise to heap onto them despite their pathetic record..

One might be forgiven for believing that you became a Red at the back end of Hicks and Gillette's disastrous tenure....OR.... you are on the FSG payroll, because measured against almost anyone else they come up well short..