Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 290

Thread: salah

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    6,339
    Personally, I don't think this is as much as a risk as some. In fact, to me it's a great bit of business and although it would smash our transfer record in my mind the fee is still in the low-mid range comparatively, given the ridiculously inflated market at the moment.

    I see people say that he's a proven failure in our league but IMO the fella did not get a fair crack of the whip while at Chelsea [let's face it, he wouldn't be the first and he wont be the last] but he was excellent at Basel beforehand and his stats [yeah, I know - 'stats'] since leaving Chelsea have been consistently excellent and he has good key attributes like pace with and without the ball, game intelligence, work ethic [tracks back quite a bit], very rarely gets injured etc. which suit us down to the ground. Hell, his experience at Chelsea may just work in our favour, in that he may feel that he has a point to prove.

    Yeah, it's fair to say that I'd like to see this one happen.
    Here's looking forward to a summer of hype, hearsay and bullshit, ultimately ending in disappointment and disillusionment.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,372
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyred View Post
    Personally, I don't think this is as much as a risk as some. In fact, to me it's a great bit of business and although it would smash our transfer record in my mind the fee is still in the low-mid range comparatively, given the ridiculously inflated market at the moment.

    I see people say that he's a proven failure in our league but IMO the fella did not get a fair crack of the whip while at Chelsea [let's face it, he wouldn't be the first and he wont be the last] but he was excellent at Basel beforehand and his stats [yeah, I know - 'stats'] since leaving Chelsea have been consistently excellent and he has good key attributes like pace with and without the ball, game intelligence, work ethic [tracks back quite a bit], very rarely gets injured etc. which suit us down to the ground. Hell, his experience at Chelsea may just work in our favour, in that he may feel that he has a point to prove.

    Yeah, it's fair to say that I'd like to see this one happen.
    Not many youngsters at Chelsea get a fair crack at the whip, they prefer to send them out on loan and eventually sell them on. Hopefully, their loss will be our gain.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    6,339
    Much like with Solanke. And Phil at Milan. There's always going to be under utilised gems about somewhere.

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,372
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyred View Post
    Much like with Solanke. And Phil at Milan. There's always going to be under utilised gems about somewhere.
    Spot on.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyred View Post
    Personally, I don't think this is as much as a risk as some. In fact, to me it's a great bit of business and although it would smash our transfer record in my mind the fee is still in the low-mid range comparatively, given the ridiculously inflated market at the moment.

    I see people say that he's a proven failure in our league but IMO the fella did not get a fair crack of the whip while at Chelsea [let's face it, he wouldn't be the first and he wont be the last] but he was excellent at Basel beforehand and his stats [yeah, I know - 'stats'] since leaving Chelsea have been consistently excellent and he has good key attributes like pace with and without the ball, game intelligence, work ethic [tracks back quite a bit], very rarely gets injured etc. which suit us down to the ground. Hell, his experience at Chelsea may just work in our favour, in that he may feel that he has a point to prove.

    Yeah, it's fair to say that I'd like to see this one happen.

    Agreed.... One need only look at David Luiz to see how a player can symultaniously be a flop - sold - then bought again and become a hit!

    Personally if I was FSG I would bend over backwards to supply Klopp with whatever he wants...! The guy knows what he is doing and they are completely out of their depth....

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed.... One need only look at David Luiz to see how a player can symultaniously be a flop - sold - then bought again and become a hit!

    Personally if I was FSG I would bend over backwards to supply Klopp with whatever he wants...! The guy knows what he is doing and they are completely out of their depth....

    Certainly are,bought the club for a pittance and now using their knowledge and skill to build it to a point where they will sell it for a absolute fortune.
    Basically people like you and others get in a arse because they are not running it how you would like them to
    Alonso is a good player,Lucas is a proven world class player,In fact he is the best player in the world in his position

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,455
    Quote Originally Posted by JONO View Post
    Certainly are,bought the club for a pittance and now using their knowledge and skill to build it to a point where they will sell it for a absolute fortune.
    Basically people like you and others get in a arse because they are not running it how you would like them to
    Don't think there's any doubt FSG will do well financially, when they eventually sell up.

    Steveo there is a bit of a nut, when it comes to FSG. Having said that, 1 League Cup since they took over 7 years ago, followed by sacking the club legend who won it. On a scale of 1 to 10, how well would you say they've done making the club competitive on the field? That's really all that matters to fans, right? Who really cares if it's 250m or 1bn that FSG end up riding off into the sunset with?
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dm
    Posts
    11,025
    Henry's missis?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Henry's missis?
    And someone said there is no room for women in football, he obviously hasn't clocked her.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by JONO View Post
    Certainly are,bought the club for a pittance and now using their knowledge and skill to build it to a point where they will sell it for a absolute fortune.
    Basically people like you and others get in a arse because they are not running it how you would like them to
    And you seem to get in an arse with anyone who has anything other than praise to heap onto them despite their pathetic record..

    One might be forgiven for believing that you became a Red at the back end of Hicks and Gillette's disastrous tenure....OR.... you are on the FSG payroll, because measured against almost anyone else they come up well short..

Similar Threads

  1. Dzeko and Salah see off Reds
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd August 2016, 06:30 AM
  2. Dzeko and Salah see off Reds
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd August 2016, 04:15 AM
  3. Dzeko and Salah see off Reds
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd August 2016, 03:56 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •