Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain ??????????/

30m

My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    30m

But if he's not worth 30 what makes salah potentially worth 35.......not digging you out by the way....im trying to figure out my own reaction to transfer fee madness.....

Personally I think I'd be more willing to accept we paid a huge fee for Salah but not for Chamberlain....

But the reality is I can't really see why Salah should be worth more. ......

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    But if he's not worth 30 what makes salah potentially worth 35.......not digging you out by the way....im trying to figure out my own reaction to transfer fee madness.....

Personally I think I'd be more willing to accept we paid a huge fee for Salah but not for Chamberlain....

If I was the owner of Liverpool, and I know I never will be, if I was paying that much for a player, I would be expecting him to be a first team regular, I don't think Chamberlain would be anything more than a squad player. You could say the same about Salah I suppose, but I think he would be better value for money, given Chamberlain's injury record.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Salah has just had a full and very consistent season in a top European league, Oxtail-Chambermaid hasn't... ever.
    In the final year of his contract,seems injury prone and very inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Salah has just had a full and very consistent season in a top European league, Oxtail-Chambermaid hasn't... ever.
    His name, very good lol.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Can't claim that one, I'm afraid that was NWR.

Can't claim that one, I'm afraid that was NWR.
    Ok, still funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post

That's a totally fair question and any of us could be right, or wrong on the Ox vs Salah debate. Skyebo and Miller have basically answered the question though. For 30m+ I'd expect to be buying a 1st team player. I could see this working next season, for example:

Salah Firmino Mane

Coutinho

Whereas I just don't see Ox being good enough to play that wide left position, or the attacking midfield position. He'd only ever be a squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If I was the owner of Liverpool, and I know I never will be, if I was paying that much for a player, I would be expecting him to be a first team regular, I don't think Chamberlain would be anything more than a squad player. You could say the same about Salah I suppose, but I think he would be better value for money, given Chamberlain's injury record.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

No thanks to the Ox. Squad player, his contract run down, he seems to pick up loads of niggly injuries, which makes him inconsistent being in and out the team.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    But his injuries are with Arsenal.......so to be fair it doesn't really count.....lol

Out of interest what was Welbecks injury record like pre Arsenal?