Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain ??????????/

Quote Originally Posted by Fulby View Post
    Apparently Oxlade is one of the more likely targets. Would be an opinion in a midfield role and an attacking role. We'll lose Salah and Man to AFCON so he would be good to have in the team. Especially with the amount of matches we'll be playing this season.
    Im sure Afcon is in 2019? and would hope wed have signed more players prior to that.

Sky reporting that a 100k deal has been drawn up by Arsenal to keep him. Would we match it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulby View Post
    Funny that....reports this morning from David Maddock that Liverpool are in talks with Arsenal for Oxlade now.

Maddock rhymes with Haddock and the latter knows more

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Im sure Afcon is in 2019? and would hope wed have signed more players prior to that.

Sky reporting that a 100k deal has been drawn up by Arsenal to keep him. Would we match it?
    I fucking hope not. Hes just a decent player, not an upgrade on anything we have already. All this "he can play in midfield" is pretty moot as he'd get nowhere near ours against the players we already have. Ill be pretty underwhelmed with this if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I fucking hope not. Hes just a decent player, not an upgrade on anything we have already. All this "he can play in midfield" is pretty moot as he'd get nowhere near ours against the players we already have. Ill be pretty underwhelmed with this if it happens.
    I don't know if he wants to leave to get regular game time, or he wants more money.If he accepts their offer, he is quite happy being a squad member there.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree - could Klopp use him as a fullback ?

No

Could see him play fb, cm, wf under Klopp - but from what I've seen this ox would need some polishing- jack of many positions master of none yet imo

I don't think we should be blowing 25m on an England International then wondering what position he plays.

Fair price for a decent (English) squad player in todays market, especially with his experience. Still wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a new contract at Arsenal though.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I don't think we should be blowing 25m on an England International then wondering what position he plays.
    Worked for Lallana
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.