Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain ??????????/

Pearce in the Echo, on Ox:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-red-alert-oxlade-chamberlain-13269406

Liverpool on red alert as Oxlade-Chamberlain rejects new Arsenal deal

Gunners could be forced to sell after midfielder turns down contract offer

Arsenal maybe forced to sell Liverpool transfer target Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after he rejected their offer of a new contract.

The England international has told the Gunners he has no intention of penning an extension and is prepared to sit out the final year of his deal before leaving on a free transfer next summer.

Oxlade-Chamberlain believes he needs to quit the Emirates in order to advance his career and the ECHO understands he’s keen on a move to Anfield.

Arsenal snubbed Liverpool’s initial approach for Oxlade-Chamberlain as they still hoped he would pen a new contract.

However, with those hopes now in tatters, the Gunners may have to listen to offers for the £25million rated midfielder.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has scored 20 goals in 194 games for Arsenal since joining from Southampton for an initial fee of £12million in 2011.

Manchester City and Chelsea have also been linked with him but they have yet to make an approach.

Oxlade-Chamberlain’s pace, power and versatility appeals to Jurgen Klopp . However, one potential stumbling block is playing time.

With Liverpool’s wealth of midfield options, it’s unlikely that Klopp would be able to provide any guarantees about a regular starting role in the season leading up to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

"Red Alert" - hehe.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

In other news, WBA have signed Jay Rodriguez for just £12m. It wasn't so long ago he was Southampton's most prized asset, time will tell if they've got themselves a bargain.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    Pearce in the Echo, on Ox:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-red-alert-oxlade-chamberlain-13269406

Liverpool on red alert as Oxlade-Chamberlain rejects new Arsenal deal
    What cl club can guarantee him playing time next season to be fair.

Oxlade-Chamberlain believes he needs to quit the Emirates in order to advance his career and the ECHO understands he’s keen on a move to Anfield.

Think it's the draw of Klopp and improving under his direction. Fair few players have improved under Klopp already, most likely looking at Lallana and thinking I'll have some of that please jurgen

Rather than getting more mins or a starting place

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

Think it's the draw of Klopp and improving under his direction. Fair few players have improved under Klopp already, most likely looking at Lallana and thinking I'll have some of that please jurgen
    If Klopp can improve oxlade-chamberlain, he should get the freedom of the city.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If Klopp can improve oxlade-chamberlain, he should get the freedom of the city.
    Find it an odd transfer myself but clearly Klopp thinks he can give the scarecrow a brain, if the rumours are real.

Well you can't have too many midfielders...

Oxlade-Chamberlain is reported as saying he always wanted to be Steven Gerrard playing in the centre of midfield.

Our last signing to express a preference for centre mid found himself playing at left back.

I find this one odd too, supposedly £25m on the Ox but we can't afford to replace Studge. It can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Well you can't have too many midfielders...

Oxlade-Chamberlain is reported as saying he always wanted to be Steven Gerrard
    playing in the centre of midfield.

Our last signing to express a preference for centre mid found himself playing at left back.

I find this one odd too, supposedly £25m on the Ox but we can't afford to replace Studge. It can't be.
    Bolded bit is true.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non