Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    What Everton have done is buy a very good keeper, and a very good centre back
    Couple of good signings, good manager, sold a player for huge money. A "caffeine free Diet Spurs" - wouldn't mind them finishing above United for a bit of a giggle. Won't happen, I know.

Would be hilarious if a ROOOONEEEEH winner robbed Mourinho's side of important points.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    As others have said, its still early days. Think its best being quiet about things than blabbing it out for all to hear and see.

We have our captain coming back from injury, a few other injured players coming back to full fitness hopefully.

Still think we shouldn't be spending shit loads on "big names" Alternatives are available in all honesty.

Can anyone honestly say they heard of VVD or Keita a few seasons ago? Or does any actually think Mbappe is worth over 100m?
    Other clubs may be able to find quality players for less money but we are not one of those clubs. As I've said before, instead of buying Southampton's players we need to buy their scouts instead.

The one thing that the likes of Chelsea, Man U and Man City have done that we haven't is spend big on quality individuals, which some would say is one of the main reasons, if not the main one as to why they have won things on a consistent basis, whilst we haven't.

If Klopp thinks those players are exactly what he/we need to turn us into consistent winners, then he should be allowed to buy such players. We've spent lots of money on lots of 'average at best' players for far too long. I think it's about time we stopped with that losing strategy and started using one more proven at getting positive results.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Other clubs may be able to find quality players for less money but we are not one of those clubs. As I've said before, instead of buying Southampton's players we need to buy their scouts instead.

The one thing that the likes of Chelsea, Man U and Man City have done that we haven't is spend big on quality individuals, which some would say is one of the main reasons, if not the main one as to why they have won things on a consistent basis, whilst we haven't.

If Klopp thinks those players are exactly what he/we need to turn us into consistent winners, then he should be allowed to buy such players. We've spent lots of money on lots of 'average at best' players for far too long. I think it's about time we stopped with that losing strategy and started using one more proven at getting positive results.
    What if the FSG strategy is not to spend big anymore? The most they'll spend would be 40m on a solitary player and depend on other sales?

To reach the likes of Cheslea and city you need a) A world class manager ...check and b) another check in the form of a blank cheque.

None of these teams are any closer to winning the champions league. City and Guardiola are in their second season as a unit. They'll do well, they should do, if not its a new manager for them.

TV revenue is ridiculous as I highlighted in a previous thread. The money needs to be reinvested in us and not the Red Sox across the pond.

Lets see where we are end of August in relation to signings and also see what happens over the course of the season. I predict another top four and a Carling cup win

Loved that goal, didn't Reina rush across the field to celebrate it?
    Aye - was great.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

What if the FSG strategy is not to spend big anymore? The most they'll spend would be 40m on a solitary player and depend on other sales?

To reach the likes of Cheslea and city you need a) A world class manager ...check and b) another check in the form of a blank cheque.

None of these teams are any closer to winning the champions league. City and Guardiola are in their second season as a unit. They'll do well, they should do, if not its a new manager for them.

TV revenue is ridiculous as I highlighted in a previous thread. The money needs to be reinvested in us and not the Red Sox across the pond.

Lets see where we are end of August in relation to signings and also see what happens over the course of the season. I predict another top four and a Carling cup win
    FSG haven't spent 'big' at all. We have spent a lot of money on lots of 'average at best' players over a long period of time, not just under FSG. Under this lot however we've largely spent what we've made via the sales of players like Torres and Suarez.

We've never really spent big money on big players and if FSG are only willing to buy one 40m player (It will only be that much if Salah is a success) and we need to rely on sales (despite record revenue streams), then they need to bugger off back to their beloved Red Sox and sell us to someone who will actually allow us to act/spend like the 8th richest club in the world.

Think they've averaged a net spend of 30mill per season - which one would imagine is not a big deal given revenue and other similar clubs net spend.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think they've averaged a net spend of 30mill€ per season - which one would imagine is not a big deal given revenue and other similar clubs net spend.
    That's why it's crucial we become cl regulars, the financial rewards are massive.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    That's why it's crucial we become cl regulars, the financial rewards are massive.
    For who though.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think they've averaged a net spend of 30mill€ per season - which one would imagine is not a big deal given revenue and other similar clubs net spend.
    That kind of supports the point that they are prepared to shell out for one top player per year, plus whatever in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    For who though.
    I would like to think the team, the proof will be in the pudding if we achieve it.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.