Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    That kind of supports the point that they are prepared to shell out for one top player per year, plus whatever in sales.
    Seen it reiterated again today that Klopp intends to spend around 200mill.
    Of course sales are expected to bring in around 60mill.
    And since Klopps come in there's been a 5mill surplus from his only full year. I'm counting this as more Klopps third season than second myself- thinks that's rational.
    -5 +140= 135/3 season is 45 mill per season if Klopp spends the 200 which comes in around the norm net wise.

Though if Klopp does spend that 200mill we'll certainly see more than the one big player this summer.

Salah 40, Keita & VVD could increase our strength in each line. With some lose change to spend- probably a left back.

While that could be achieved with a net spend over 3 seasons less than peps first summer window alone.

Klopps strategy under FSG would look mighty prudent imo. Work the squad on arrival spend fa, sort out the squad next year add well turn a small profit, build strongly with cl on his approved squad. Smart guy!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It's the 9th of July !!! Go have a drink or even kiss a girl.
    OK, kissed a girl and had a drink. Where's the defenders?

Klopp's second season. We'd all feel much better if we were linked with more defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonthumb View Post
    Klopp's second season. We'd all feel much better if we were linked with more defenders.
    Why does the number of players or defenders we're linked with matter?

It only matters who we sign and we've another month and a half plus change to do just that?

If we get to September and this is all we've done, then question of "is that it" will be fully justified. You've shot your wad early, as it were.
    "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."

I don't think it matters how many we get linked with, it only becomes important when we actually sign someone.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Agree. I've been on forums were supporters actually celebrate just having been linked to a player by the media, like that in itself is some kind of achievement.

Wait until we actually sign someone, the by all means wank like a safari park chimp. Not before.

Another injury, well I said it a while ago. Liverpool are screwed, our bench already looks weak and he's had all summer to sort it. If we get another injury to one of our attacking players we are well and truly screwed. Everyone around us have strengthened and once again we have been left behind.

Really? I thought we had Firmino, Mane, Salah, Ings, Sturridge, Origi and Solanke to choose from, not to mention whatever youngsters might be pushing through.

It's not as bad as it seems.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Really? I thought we had Firmino, Mane, Salah, Ings, Sturridge, Origi and Solanke to choose from, not to mention whatever youngsters might be pushing through.

It's not as bad as it seems.
    In fairness, Sturridge is made of glass and one injury to the first three and we'd struggle to fight on two fronts. Lallana's injury changes things somewhat. At least while the window is open it does.
    "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."

Sturridge - not even fit
    Origi - he's a super sub
    Ings?? Really??
    Solanke - no where near good enough

Firmino,Mane,Salah now if mane is injured we're once again in big trouble.