Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Is that it?

No worries about Solanke yet, I've just read we're taking Diego Costa on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    3 good transfers?

Salah is the only one that'll play often I reckon, but yeah ok. we're still going to have the same problems with this squad
    Do you think Salah, Robertson and Solanke improve the squad? I think they do. Salah will reduce the reliance on Mane, Robertson must surely be better than Moreno and Solanke has looked promising. If no one else is signed then the squad has still been improved from last season. Only time will tell whether that improvement is sufficient. I still think we really need Van Dijk and if we get him then it will have been a very good summer.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Do you think Salah, Robertson and Solanke improve the squad? I think they do. Salah will reduce the reliance on Mane, Robertson must surely be better than Moreno and Solanke has looked promising. If no one else is signed then the squad has still been improved from last season. Only time will tell whether that improvement is sufficient. I still think we really need Van Dijk and if we get him then it will have been a very good summer.
    Well I thought everyone was saying the problems last year was lack of a quality cm/CB

I'm looking forward to the lovren show again.

But apart from that yes we have, but so have the other clubs.

I thought all the talk was about having a big transfer window? now we've finally made it into champions league? yet we've still got the deadwood hanging around, and not fixing clear problems. yes still time left but 1 week until it starts ffs
    Last edited by Kev0909; 5th August 2017 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Apple View Post
    Embarrassing reply from you. The same Chelsea that offered him a contract that he refused to sign over playing time .Yes ,also saw him in the tournament that England have just won and he won the dog bollocks player of the tournament.
    They offered him a contract to sit on the bench. He may turn out to be the business or he might be shite, you haven't a clue though either way is the point I was making. Plenty of kids have looked great in those tournaments and came to nothing

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I don't think we neccesarily need VVD, we just need someone who knows the art of defending, something Lovren will never master. He is starting his 4th season at the club and has not improved one iota, one of the worst players ever to wear the shirt. As for the other signings, they have definitely improved the squad, which makes the bench stronger.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Well played indeed sir,well played....You fruity fecker!...
    Please don't encourage the stupid cunt

Quote Originally Posted by TorresGoalGoal View Post
    Sturridge - not even fit
    Origi - he's a super sub
    Ings?? Really??
    Solanke - no where near good enough

Firmino,Mane,Salah now if mane is injured we're once again in big trouble.
    Yeah, not so sure about your Solanke call myself. Or your Origi one. Solanke looks far more effective on the pitch that Divock at the moment.
    Here's looking forward to a summer of hype, hearsay and bullshit, ultimately ending in disappointment and disillusionment.

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    They offered him a contract to sit on the bench. He may turn out to be the business or he might be shite, you haven't a clue though either way is the point I was making. Plenty of kids have looked great in those tournaments and came to nothing
    Stop embarrassing yourself soft lad , any coach / manager 99 per cent of the time can tell whether a kid will make it at a extremely young age. He will an absolute monster of a player and that's a widely known fact to anyone with an ounce of intelligence which is probably why you haven't spotted it .

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    Please don't encourage the stupid cunt
    Oh bless, you getting upset because I've called you out on your total and utter embarrassing posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    If the Robster becomes first choice left back then presumably it will free up Milner for a midfield role.
    “Our situation, I thought today and this pre-season brought us new players, if you want.

“Alberto Moreno is 100 percent back, which is very nice after a really difficult year.

“Andrew Robertson shows all the skills he has, of course he still has to adapt to our way of playing but you can already see what a threat he can be offensively.

“That means Milly is free for midfield, so without being in the transfer market we have a new midfield player, which is nice.

“Dom Solanke, I think he’s already shown that he’s ready for some adult football.

“Ryan Kent, I’ve known him for one-and-a-half years and last year he developed unbelievably well and this pre-season is completely different to last pre-season, he’s completely showed up now.

“So, without paying too much money or the highest transfer fees we have additions in the squad. That’s good.”