Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Is that it?

If Sakho does some good training we might have a new CB after all to go with Milner our new midfielder ��

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    If Sakho does some good training we might have a new CB after all to go with Milner our new midfielder ��
    Yep, maybe two if Joe Gomez is ready for some adult action as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Surely he'd play some pre-season if he had a chance with us?

It's ok Moreno is back! 100%

P.S still need a CB more than 1 signing for first team would be nice :/

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    “Our situation, I thought today and this pre-season brought us new players, if you want.

“Alberto Moreno is 100 percent back, which is very nice after a really difficult year.

“Andrew Robertson shows all the skills he has, of course he still has to adapt to our way of playing but you can already see what a threat he can be offensively.

“That means Milly is free for midfield, so without being in the transfer market we have a new midfield player, which is nice.

“Dom Solanke, I think he’s already shown that he’s ready for some adult football.

“Ryan Kent, I’ve known him for one-and-a-half years and last year he developed unbelievably well and this pre-season is completely different to last pre-season, he’s completely showed up now.

“So, without paying too much money or the highest transfer fees we have additions in the squad. That’s good.”
    To me that sounds like a major cop out i.e. we're unlikely to be making any further major additions, which if is the case, is going to leave us again deficient in a number of areas and prone to having to rely on aging, unsuitable or error prone players.

Not good. Not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    To me that sounds like a major cop out i.e. we're unlikely to be making any further major additions, which if is the case, is going to leave us again deficient in a number of areas and prone to having to rely on aging, unsuitable or error prone players.

Not good. Not good at all.
    Klopp certainly doesn't sound like a man with a big fat wad of cash burning a hole in his pocket.

He doesn't make any mention of a centre back though so still some glimmer of hope there...

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Klopp certainly doesn't sound like a man with a big fat wad of cash burning a hole in his pocket.

He doesn't make any mention of a centre back though so still some glimmer of hope there...
    Why have we not sold the deadwood yet, we're asking a little too much for them I think, that could raise some money for starters... you would of thought we'd do our best to improve now we're finally in champions league again. thought we'd have a big transfer window.. doesn't seem like it to me.

Maybe the theories on FSG are right, I'm surprised we've not sold the "deadwood" just to have 0 netspend, so hey at least they've spent a little so far.

Not like we make loads from TV revenues etc

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why have we not sold the deadwood yet, we're asking a little too much for them I think, that could raise some money for starters... you would of thought we'd do our best to improve now we're finally in champions league again. thought we'd have a big transfer window.. doesn't seem like it to me.

Maybe the theories on FSG are right, I'm surprised we've not sold the "deadwood" just to have 0 netspend, so hey at least they've spent a little so far.

Not like we make loads from TV revenues etc
    We always struggle to sell deadwood to be fair, that's why it's deadwood. We could probably shift Coutinho in a week

We've sold Wisdom, Lucas and Stewart already, and we will probably still sell...well Markovic at least.

The Mirror are spinning the headline like Milner is the replacement for Keita, haha!

Klopp said: “Until August 31 we'll run through the world with open eyes" (just not an open wallet)

Even Huddersfield have spent more than us so far, if what I've just seen is correct.

No way are we going to compete with the manc clubs spending over 150m & Chelsea

We actually made a small profit last season too, so fuck knows what these yanks are doing.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 5th August 2017 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Even Huddersfield have spent more than us so far, if what I've just seen is correct.

No way are we going to compete with the manc clubs spending over 150m & Chelsea
    Dunno what you've just seen Kev but Huddersfield? - Seriously?! We've spent upward of £40m no?