Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I didn't expect that big a window, FSG have rarely gone over a net spend of more than one 'top player' (=20-30m or so and rising)

I still think we'll buy a new centre back with the Markovic millions. Unless we score a free transfer or loan deal.
    Just think now's the time if FSG did feel like splashing a bit of cash... to do so.

Oh well ..
    Last edited by Kev0909; 5th August 2017 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I am with you Noods we know what we need so does Klopp as he has identified CB and CM but it's not happening I know we have time in the window but I hope we don't just sign a Klavan style CB as it's a waste of money.

We have zero chance of CL and PL with this squad it's sad but true
    We don't have much time left before the season starts, a start which includes a CL playoff against arguably the toughest opponent we could have got and a few games against top sides in our first batch of league games. We need(ed) to get in some quality players in defence and the DM/CM areas asap in order to get them integrated and as it stands we're going to go into the the new season with just one first XI upgrade.

As in so many seasons in our recent past, we have a few players that give us a good foundation to build upon but yet again we (namely our owners) are going to spurn this opportunity because they are a bunch of tight gits, who not only know zero about football but are determined to try and do things on the cheap in a sport (or business in their eyes) where it's almost impossible in this day and age (unless you get very lucky) to be successful without spending big.

Keeping my anti FSG vitriol under wraps until the window shuts.
    We have openly (too openly for most of us) pursued two very expensive targets since June, with both players wanting to come but neither club wanting to do business. Had they played ball we would more than likely have spent around 130m-140m on the two, so hardly doing things on the cheap.
    I get the impression they would spend big if only they were competent enough to do so.

My opinion of FSG isn't good they talk big but very rarely deliver big.

They aren't daft though we are a great financial tool for them and that's all they care about it's not what the likes of me and you want to hear or see but it's true.

I'd rather win trophies as I've said than finish 3rd or 4th with this lot as it pretty much means nothing as we just spend the same amount of each season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We have openly (too openly for most of us) pursued two very expensive targets since June, with both players wanting to come but neither club wanting to do business. Had they played ball we would more than likely have spent around 130m-140m on the two, so hardly doing things on the cheap.
    I get the impression they would spend big if only they were competent enough to do so.
    My opinion is very different I think they have made it look like we want them then saw the prices and have bottled it.

Every club taps players up so somebody leaks the VVD story that means they have an excuse not to buy him for a start Keita maybe different but are the club saying NOBODY else is better than we have in midfield other than him??!!

Actions speak louder than words and so far there has been little action. Past poor transfer windows/low net spends could well indicate that as I and others have suggested, that FSG have little to no desire in signing very expensive players and just like Arsenal, these rumours/half hearted negotiations are being conducted and reported on in order to make it look as if they are 'serious' about signing the players we need.

Ok, well we'll see, I'll join in if no one comes in but I do feel it will be more down incompetence than a deliberate excessive frugality.

Ok, well we'll see, I'll join in if no one comes in but I do feel it will be more down incompetence than a deliberate excessive frugality.
    If it was just incompetence heads should/would have rolled by now.

I hate being "negative" which is how I am coming across but can't help but think we are treading water and not moving forward I know Leicester won the title etc but that is as rare as rocking horse shit no chance that happens again whilst I'm alive anyway.

Say we don't sign VVD or another CB why are we freezing Sakho out it could get Klopp the sack as he is clearly better than most of our CB's not saying he is great but would you rather see Klavan in the line up I know I wouldn't.

I hope I'm wrong I think we are done on signings now which for a club of our size is a disgrace btw I don't care what Spurs or Arsenal are doing either

"He likes having the ball, playing football, passes it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."