Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    In fairness you could rip all the England players apart !!

Its a terrible squad if honest if they get to last 16 it seems to be the limit if they get lucky quarter finals most people know they arent good enough.
    Lots of changes granted they looked a poorly managed side. Devoid of a gameplan.

The talent available is pretty good imo. Few issues at gk, CB and midfield but this is international football you rarely get a complete 1-11.

Hart/Pickford/Butland
    Walker/Clyne Cahill/Stones Keane/Smalling Rose/Creswell
    Hendo Dier
    Sterling Alli Lallana
    Kane

Thinking about the England side being managed by Conte/Klopp/Pep/Jose and you'd have a far better team, than the one managed by Southgate. There'd be different selections and setups under those various managers, but they'd be well managed sides.

As per Henderson, I saw the second half though hard to focus on

The commentary comment on him was in regard to defense. Saying he was pressing forward before/without having blocked the passing lane to players behind him.

Kane will be next in line for the major stick it’s always the captain who gets it most.

Henderson is not flavour of the month but if honest not many English players are better than him in CM.

I still laugh at moron England fans who wanted Lampard and Gerrard out the team and can remember saying yeah that sounds a good idea one it saves Gerrard for us and it means I can laugh at someone like Jenas take his place embarrassing to even suggest it !

Watching Star Wars with my four year old and I've just realised that Henderson has the same smile as Chewee.
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

Amidst Klopp our questions and the discontent with Moreno , I'm absolutely baffled how Henderson is getting away with murder imo - not actual murder.

Moreno has been dropped for an age , brought in to everyone's surprise and by and large done well. There's the Sevilla game , where I think Hendo was worse, but unlike Moreno Henderson has had a couple of shocking performance.

Klopps shown faith in Hendo at every turn, and alot of people seem to give him a pass imo, so his capacity for captaincy should be far higher than he's delivered given the support he enjoys. Moreno Migs and Lovren endure a far tougher environment , whereby fans at home games tend to grumble when the make a mistake or anticipate one and I believe these 3 are under far more scrutiny and pressure.

Seen Sid posting in another thread about buying a DM to improve the side , which imo is daft, as I believe Keita is our DM in waiting - he'd fit that role perfectly imo. I even think Can is a far better six than Hendo, whilst there are a few/some who believe Hendo is the better player.

Henderson in many pieces is being ripped apart for his positioning as a DM, letting players run off him into space and leaving a big hole which players are continuously exploiting.

This time last year Hendo was being praised for his role in the team. Right now he's playing muck , but rarely every gets spoken about I'm terms of shifting, except in relation to the captaincy. His stats have been awful in a couple of games and again his positioning has gotten worse - when it was a concern last year when he was doing well.

Now my own opinion is we need to add more players to this squad and given our typical transfer activity to date, I'm not overly concerned about shifting on players.
    The current squad plus a GK, CB, Keita and a CF will leave us in a strong position. Thereafter of course players could be upgraded if they're moved on. So I'm not in a rush to ship him out, he can play a cm role also. But his performance needs to pick up sharpish.

I wonder if it's cause he's English that so many seem to give him a pass?
    I say this as it seems from a very few people I've seen discuss the lfc captaincy that Lallana would be the ideal candidate (redmemtv and elsewhere) which imo is an English bias. Lallana is a good player, better than Hendo for sure imo, but he misses loads of games through injury.
    How people overlook Firmino is beyond me too. Always fit, very similar to Lallana in being a very good fit for Klopps pressing and is the hardest working CF/forward in Europe. He's criticised for his goals return but should improve again this term in that regard (imo he'd fit in at 10 in a 4231 and could play similarly as Lallana does in his position.

I've gone off topic there at the end. But how the fook is he getting away with it ?

Don't think Keita is a natural DM although he could probably play that role.
    I think Henderson is in danger of losing his place in the England squad.
    I've tried to stay positive about him in the last season and a half,, but I think his dip in form looks a bit terminal, despite the fact that he can now and again still turn in a good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Seen Sid posting in another thread about buying a DM to improve the side , which imo is daft, as I believe Keita is our DM in waiting - he'd fit that role perfectly imo. I even think Can is a far better six than Hendo, whilst there are a few/some who believe Hendo is the better player.
    If we think of how we play, it often looks like this;

............................a "6"

............an "8"....................an "8"

Keita certainly has the capabilities to play as a DM as he'd remind you of Kante quite a bit, but any time I see him play for Leipzig, he appears to be more box-to-box, an "8", as opposed to a "6".

With Can looking like he's on the way out and Henderson being someone I feel we can improve upon, I feel we could use a CDM.

Hope that has given some clarity as to my point of view.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I said at the start of the season we don't have a natural defensive midfielder.. Henderson as done a decent job.. But hes not one of the best in the league..
    Leader of all..master of none..

Oh for god sake, please let's not play Keita in the DM role when he's not actually a proper DM, and he seems very good going forward.

It's bad enough with henderson,who's just shite to be fair but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Craoibhe Rua View Post
    Watching Star Wars with my four year old and I've just realised that Henderson has the same smile as Chewee.
    Hahaha I like it, excellent and very true. A nice bit of light hearted lolzness to take the edge off this thread. Poor Jordan.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.