Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Firstly on the captaincy with whose here, I'd give it to Firmino. Fit, works his arse of and has quality..
    Pity he'll be off to barca or real next summer

I rated him in the 2013-14 season. I still think his absence at the end was costly. That said, I'd have looked half decent in a team with Gerrard, Suarez and a fully functioning Sturridge. He's been piss poor ever since. Sums up the mediocrity in the squad to be honest.

As far the captaincy, I'd put Milner back at LB and give it to him for the time being.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

If we'd have brought Keita in, I think it may have been Henderson that gave way eventually. As for the captaincy, anyone taking over from Gerrard was always going to be under more scrutiny than most, he just happened to be the next in line. Unfair to bring his captaincy or indeed his playing skills into question if people are always going to bring Gerrard into things.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think Henderson's biggest issue is that he can do bits-and-pieces of thing that some of our recent midfielders can do, but his ceiling isn't as high as any of them.

Can cover space like Mascherano, but not as well.

Can pick someone out and spray the ball to them, like Alonso, but not as consistently.

Can bang it in from 25 yards, like Gerrard did pre-2010, but nowhere near as often.

Can hassle and harry and be generally wasp-ish, like Lucas, but not to the same degree.

I also think he's over-worked at times - I did a post a while ago where I divided the pitch up into squares and most players had 4 to operate in for the bulk of their work, whereas Henderson has to cover six at times, often by himself. One of the Redmen TV chaps did a video on Klopp's tactics which covered a similar vein of thought.

He also has this issue with the heel.

He's a relatively well-rounded player, but frustratingly just can't seem to excel in one particular midfield craft, which is a shame.

If we could improve upon him, it would of course be ideal, though I'd rather we address other weaknesses in our side first.
    His assists from play and key passes stays are best in our squad over last 4 or 5 years though no??

My first post in this new season with a poor summer (in terms os transfers activity and with weather here in Portugal &#128522.
    In Henderson i NEVER saw a good football player and he NEVER shoukd be our captain like i said when he was choosen to be. I can't see him play in another midfield line in any top6 teams and in Everton or West Ham for example! He offers zero!! In his day he have a good shot and a decent pass but only in his day. I put Can at number 6 with Wijnaldum and Lallana/Coutinho in front of him.
    And i don't see us win anything with him in our team

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    My first post in this new season with a poor summer (in terms os transfers activity and with weather here in Portugal ��).
    In Henderson i NEVER saw a good football player and he NEVER shoukd be our captain like i said when he was choosen to be. I can't see him play in another midfield line in any top6 teams and in Everton or West Ham for example! He offers zero!! In his day he have a good shot and a decent pass but only in his day. I put Can at number 6 with Wijnaldum and Lallana/Coutinho in front of him.
    And i don't see us win anything with him in our team
    Not Keen ?
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If we'd have brought Keita in, I think it may have been Henderson that gave way eventually. As for the captaincy, anyone taking over from Gerrard was always going to be under more scrutiny than most, he just happened to be the next in line. Unfair to bring his captaincy or indeed his playing skills into question if people are always going to bring Gerrard into things.
    The evaluation of Henderson as a footballer, in his own right, seemed quite fair. Didn't see anyone say they expected him to be the next Gerrard.

He's just a mediocre player, who wouldn't look out of place in any of the teams below us. Like too many others, at this moment in time.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Don't think you even need to bring Gerrard into it though. Your captain is generally speaking your best player or best leader. Seems Hendo is neither in our current squad. Of course we don't know what he's like off the playing pitch with the lads but on it he rarely seems to be either.
    Could be best answered by match day goers who see him in the flesh as it's rather difficult on a stream/tv to see his level of communication and leadership. Saying that I'd have seen plenty from Gerrard/Carragher in those terms on a stream/TV.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Don't think you even need to bring Gerrard into it though. Your captain is generally speaking your best player or best leader. Seems Hendo is neither in our current squad. Of course we don't know what he's like off the playing pitch with the lads but on it he rarely seems to be either.
    Could be best answered by match day goers who see him in the flesh as it's rather difficult on a stream/tv to see his level of communication and leadership. Saying that I'd have seen plenty from Gerrard/Carragher in those terms on a stream/TV.
    I would have given the captaincy to Milner once they signed him, not sure if he would have held on to it this season though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    The evaluation of Henderson as a footballer, in his own right, seemed quite fair. Didn't see anyone say they expected him to be the next Gerrard.

He's just a mediocre player, who wouldn't look out of place in any of the teams below us. Like too many others, at this moment in time.
    Put it this way- if we heard that Henderson was being transferred, there wouldn't be many supporters gutted... And he's the club captain!

Without knowing it for many- we've become content with mediocrity...
    She was so wet for me I could hear the waves breaking in her fanny