Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Do you think the coutinho nonsense had an effect? I do. Cant have helped. I know it was only pre season but we looked good and well prepared to them performing like that.
    They didn't need the distraction that's for sure, the timing of his request to leave was appalling.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Well... the defference with and without Henderson was notorious yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    I don't go in for the club captain nonsense, puts pressure on the manager and also the player to be selected regardless of form and Henderson is now officially with a chronic foot condition and more often than not doesn't play at his best. He's a hard runner (when fit) but mostly not a lot more. Pick a captain on the day from the starting eleven, the squad should be full of unofficial leaders in any case and am wearing (or not wearing) an armband shouldn't change that. But if we thought it would bring out the best in Lovren,Matip or Mignolet then give it to one of them for a while.

After Moreno and Lovren (and possibly Mignolet), Henderson is the next one i'd be happy to replace.
    Henderson is a bit of an enigma in truth. The guy hasn't even managed one good season to date, yet found himself Club Captain in the wake of Gerrard's exit! In 2014 he was, like 2/3rds o the team, made to look far better due to our relentless attacking options.

He is a modal pro in all departments but he simply does not have the tools to be a starter in any team that intends to win the league. You might win a title despite him. But he will be a passenger nonetheless!

Only a club run by such rank amateurs as FSG would preside over such a joke appointment as captain - the Sacred Cow syndrome... a recommendation from Stevie G, who I simply do not rate as a football brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Henderson is a bit of an enigma in truth. The guy hasn't even managed one good season to date, yet found himself Club Captain in the wake of Gerrard's exit! In 2014 he was, like 2/3rds o the team, made to look far better due to our relentless attacking options.

He is a modal pro in all departments but he simply does not have the tools to be a starter in any team that intends to win the league. You might win a title despite him. But he will be a passenger nonetheless!

Only a club run by such rank amateurs as FSG would preside over such a joke appointment as captain - the Sacred Cow syndrome... a recommendation from Stevie G, who I simply do not rate as a football brain!
    Tbf to him, I don't think anybody can make a player look better, they can only do that themselves. Most of the team performed well that season, a reason why we came so close.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Feel like the armband is weighing his game down. Just take it off him, and play him if his form shows signs of picking up. He was great the 13/14 season. I think his performance in Hoffenheim was one of his worst ever for our club.

England and club captain. Says a lot about him. Why hasn't klopp taken the arm band off him? Klopp is ruthless like that isn't he?

Hopefully he'll improve more this season with better players around him.

He's 27 so should be at his peak for his age. Time will tell

In fairness he's looked fitter and played better against Arsenal but not sure how much of that was down to the opposition?

We should learn a lot more of our captain from the game on Saturday...

Got pretty rave reviews from Phil Neville on the radio commentary for his performance for England v Slovakia.
    Really was the man driving the team forward.

Thought he did well yesterday, he annoys the life out of me at times by trying to hard but hopefully the goal boosts his confidence which I think has been lacking lately.

He did play well. I like him, always have. Just think we need an upgrade in that area overall. Hes still a player who would play a lot even if we do get someone in better. His kind are the ones you miss when theyre gone. Like Kuyt, got mirw than his fair share of criticism on here but what would we give for a player like that now? He was a cracking player.