Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    If Henderson wasn't captain, would he be getting slated as much?

Difficult really to have the the honour of the arm band and "try" to follow in the footsteps of previous captains.

Personally, I can't see any captain material. Not necessarily someone who can change the game aka Gerrard, but someone who can command and actually CAPTAIN their team aka Hyppia/Carragher.

Don't see the like of Henderson screaming at his team mates to put more effort in, they'll probably just laugh at him.

VVD, if he were to come in, would be an ideal candidate
    He's not a great captain on the field imo. But not really the problem I have with him, his role as our DM where he's so often in the wrong positions is my beef.

As jozza and hmm said he'd be better suited to the cm/roles. As he's a good player just a bit clueless in the DM role.
    It's not been a terrible experiment by any means by Klopp he did well for a while there last year to my surprise, as his tackle rate has gone up and it's brought that out in him.

AS long as we continue with these mediocre players we as a team will continue to be mediocre,he belongs on the bench not a starter.

Do any of you believe any of the top team managers would have these players anywhere near the starting lineup ? Anyone thinking he is a

starter deserves to be supporting a mediocre team named in this particular case it's LFC.

I don’t know with Henderson he is being asked to play DM and he isn’t very good at it his best role is the role Emre has been given.

Henderson imo is in our 3 best midfield players so deserves to start most it’s up to Klopp to get the best out of him.

As for other top managers that is difficult to answer for a start they have way more money to spend so that certainly helps and secondly for example Arsenal and Spurs have players who I wouldn’t say are better than him Xhaka or Dier then move onto Utd is poodlehead better? Even Delph gets a game for City !

We had it good in 2008 with Gerrard Alonso and Mascherano if we had two of them we’d be sorted in midfield.

We also need a new keeper and at least one CB plus a striker so that’s a lot of money to be spent

He’s getting absolutely ripped to shreds on social media about his performances for Eng.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

In fairness you could rip all the England players apart !!

Its a terrible squad if honest if they get to last 16 it seems to be the limit if they get lucky quarter finals most people know they arent good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I don’t know with Henderson he is being asked to play DM and he isn’t very good at it his best role is the role Emre has been given.

Henderson imo is in our 3 best midfield players so deserves to start most it’s up to Klopp to get the best out of him.

As for other top managers that is difficult to answer for a start they have way more money to spend so that certainly helps and secondly for example Arsenal and Spurs have players who I wouldn’t say are better than him Xhaka or Dier then move onto Utd is poodlehead better? Even Delph gets a game for City !

We had it good in 2008 with Gerrard Alonso and Mascherano if we had two of them we’d be sorted in midfield.

We also need a new keeper and at least one CB plus a striker so that’s a lot of money to be spent

I guess we're stuck being a mediocre team for now then.Although i suppose we can boast a first rate set of attacking players unfortunately they too miss approx 10-15 times the conversion rate.

Bore off you negative nancy.

Henderson achieved most touches of any other player,unfortunately that's easily accomplished when you pass backwards and sideways for 90% of them,the law of averages says it will be passed back to him also at a great percentage.

On a positive note salah score both goals as Egypt won 2-1

BBC gave him 4 out of 10 this evening. As long as he plays ok for us, couldnt give a stuff about International football. The FA are a joke.