Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOT series 7 - containers spoilers

GOT series 7 - containers spoilers

Surprised there's no Game of Thrones thread. Have people stopped watching it or just never give it a go?

Series 7 just ended with the shit hitting the fan. Think the entire series has been great with every episode bar one being a "9th Episode" in terms of drama and action.

Thought Jamie was a goner after there was reported leaks that they'd offed his character.

Does anyone know how many episodes are in the final series?
    "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."

I think I read like two years ago there would be 10, but that's probably changed by now.

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

Liked the last episode, though the show's become a bit weaker - Jamie had to die. If Beric and Tormund survive, we riot.

Had a huge grin on my face as Jon and Khaleesi were getting it on, just as that mutant bird was explaining how Jon's her nephew. That took balls. I really hope Jon does something really stupid that finally fucking tarnishes his goodie-two-shoes persona. He's insufferable at times.

Also Euron is fucking awesome.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Brilliant show, think this has been the best season for me, loads of action and no achingly slow episodes with nothing happening.

For some bizarre reason I was sure this was the final one until I realised there was no way they were going to tie everything up in the last episode!

There'll be just 6 episodes for the last season and rumours are it won't be aired until 2019.

From the Independent..
    Update 30 August: THR is reporting, citing HBO sources, that production on the final season may end up being very long, running from October to as late as August 2018. 'That could push the return of the abbreviated six-episode final run into 2019 with a more than 16-month gap between seasons. (HBO would neither confirm nor deny the rumors),' it writes.

"As shows get bigger and more complicated, I have to follow the producers' lead and let go of, 'It'd be nice to have it every year,'" HBO programming president Casey Bloys said.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I actually like the slower episodes which contain more character development and quality dialogue. That and at least one plot twist/reveal/double cross and one fight is a good episode for me.

I was a little disapointed that they didn't draw out Little Finger's demise a bit more. Varys should have been given more screen time.

We need more Bronn/Tyrion/Jaime/Pod interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I think I read like two years ago there would be 10, but that's probably changed by now.

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

Liked the last episode, though the show's become a bit weaker - Jamie had to die. If Beric and Tormund survive, we riot.

Had a huge grin on my face as Jon and Khaleesi were getting it on, just as that mutant bird was explaining how Jon's her nephew. That took balls. I really hope Jon does something really stupid that finally fucking tarnishes his goodie-two-shoes persona. He's insufferable at times.

Tormund is ace, what are you on about? If he dies, we riot and we fuck bears.
    "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."

Quote Originally Posted by red4life86 View Post
    Tormund is ace, what are you on about? If he dies, we riot and we fuck bears.
    I quite like him too, would just feel extremely cheap if they both survive.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Spoliers!!!!!
    Tremendous show that is well and truly now up there in the pantheon of classic tv. Episode 6 was 80 mins of the best tv ever made. That polar bear was awesome, I wanted him to live.
    Theres been lots of criticism about the realism of the timelines. Ravens messages etc. Probably a bit late in the day to question a show in its 7th season that has dragons, reincarnation and zombies in it.
    I was a little disappointed with how quick the wall came down. Its been keeping out allcomers for centuries and auld cunto brings it down in no time. It should have had more time dedicated to it. I hate the night king, cant wait to see his head get lobbed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

Jaime will surely be the one who kills cersei? I reckon so and have said for a while. It has to be him.
    Theres no way on earth kit harrington didnt have atleast half a pan handle on whilst filming that bonking scene with dany. She really is fucking unbelievably beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Spoliers!!!!!
    Tremendous show that is well and truly now up there in the pantheon of classic tv. Episode 6 was 80 mins of the best tv ever made. That polar bear was awesome, I wanted him to live.
    Theres been lots of criticism about the realism of the timelines. Ravens messages etc. Probably a bit late in the day to question a show in its 7th season that has dragons, reincarnation and zombies in it.
    I was a little disappointed with how quick the wall came down. Its been keeping out allcomers for centuries and auld cunto brings it down in no time. It should have had more time dedicated to it. I hate the night king, cant wait to see his head get lobbed off.
    Think the wall coming down so quickly was to demonstrate the upturn in power the Night king received in reviving Virserion.

There's a lot of weight being added to the theory that Bran is the Night King and as a fan of time travel I think it would make a pretty interesting twist. Was just nice to see Bran fiannaly use his powers to do something useful in ratting out little finger.

There was a cut scene that showed Sansa telling Bran about her plan to execute Arya to which he intervenes and explains the truth. Would've taken the whole surprise away from the hall scene if they'd have kept that in.

Yeah ive read about those bran/night king theories. Im not convinced and im not really sure how people are coming to that conclusion.
    Also heard about the cut scene. Bran is brutally blunt. The way he just dismissed meera was nasty but hes the three eyed raven now i suppose and completely devoid of human emotion. The way little fingers arse fell out when he said "i told you not to trust me" was classic.
    Really hope we dont have to wait till 2019 for next installment but thats what seems to be going around. 6 episodes but more movie length so will take longer to make and will certainly be more gradiose and spectacular than anything else.
    On a side note the trailer for walking dead looks great.