Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time For a Rest Bobby

Think its easy to miss how much he brings to the team. He has not had a shit season, just a dip in form since that penalty miss. maybe does need a rest though. Lallana will be back soon too won't he? Can't see the Ox getting much game time unless he starts really impressing in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Could be try Oxlade-Chamberlain, Coutinho or Moreno out wide for a game and make Mane the centre forward?
    Yeah I'm not really sure what Ox really excels at. Couts is best on the left darting inside, Salah from the right. Put Mane up top with a CAM right behind.

But hell, still not a true striker.

Not had a shit season? his over all end product since the turn of this year.. so most of last season and this.. As not been good enough for a 10 top team never mind us hoping to challenge.
    People laughed at me when I said we should sell Firmino.. I would rather we got a world class forward.. And kept Coutinho..
    Don't get me wrong Firmino is great at linking up.. But at the end of the day for a main striker. His scoring ratio is not up to standard.
    Leader of all..master of none..

I know we still have Coutinho, what I mean by kept. being for the long term. even after next summer.
    I think he's turning into a fantastic player.. I had my doubts about him over all.. But his last 2 games hes been superb.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Looked tired, and didn't play well last game, said sturridge should of started today.. baffles me why he didn't get a chance to start when Firminio is knackered and needs a rest

Class player , probably best suited to playing 10.
    Missed a few chances, not alone there tbf.

Imagine the up roar on here if it wasn't klopp who kept playing him center forward.

Good player but he should be behind the striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Imagine the up roar on here if it wasn't klopp who kept playing him center forward.

Good player but he should be behind the striker.
    I know it's a big if with him, but I still think a fit Sturridge is the best option we have.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I like him but im not on board with how good some think he is. He defo needs to sit out a few games. He wont though.
    Inclined to agree with this opinion more than any other. He's pretty inconsistent and has tended to go missing in a handful of games since he came here. When on song, his link up play with Coutinho and Mane borders on telepathic. When he's having a bad game it really shows though as he doesn't have the best natural attributes to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I know it's a big if with him, but I still think a fit Sturridge is the best option we have.
    A fit Sturridge who has games under his belt. He was pretty average today as well and I can't see him gaining much fluency unless he plays week in and week out. Can't see that happening though.