Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hugs no more

Hugs no more

Over the season, I'll admit I've been harsh on Klopp. Having looked at all the games so far this season, him "being sick and tired of conceding goals" How frustrated he gets with his team as we do. I feel for him.

No more arms around shoulders and high fives for poor performances. You're giving them a false sense of security. If you're shit at your job, you get a blocking, if you continue to be shit...they give you a chance with more training, if there is absolute no chance of getting through to you, you sit down and make way for someone who can potentially do a better job.

Hair dryer treatment, boot to the face...whatever, these players need to realise they're playing for you, for LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB and us fans.

Credit them when they play well, follow instructions, not dick about and compose themselves.

Let all hell break loose when they just don't get simple instructions through their thick, full head of hair heads, decide to attempt 40-60 yard Gerrard passes when your chasing the game and just give the ball away needlessly.

Time to be tough and make sure these gutless, toothless imbeciles know why they're being paid the big bucks, and who they're playing for

Didn't see the post match on field activities so don't know if he hi-fived everyone but he doesn't tend to when they've fucked up. Fair play on your first paragraph though. I agree.

We don't know if he stuck his ground and told FSG VVD or no one. If he did, that was an error as they won't go all in the spineless cunts. If he felt there was no one else available then I believe that was an error as well. There's one thing to say we won't sign another Balotelli (from a defender point of view) but there's plenty better than Klavan and quite a few better than Lovren.

What I've found particularly sad is how quickly people have turned on Klopp this season, despite what he did last. There's been comments saying he's out of his depth, telling him to fuck off among others. So far detached from the original Liverpool way its untrue.
    "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."

Quote Originally Posted by red4life86 View Post
    Didn't see the post match on field activities so don't know if he hi-fived everyone but he doesn't tend to when they've fucked up. Fair play on your first paragraph though. I agree.

We don't know if he stuck his ground and told FSG VVD or no one. If he did, that was an error as they won't go all in the spineless cunts. If he felt there was no one else available then I believe that was an error as well. There's one thing to say we won't sign another Balotelli (from a defender point of view) but there's plenty better than Klavan and quite a few better than Lovren.

What I've found particularly sad is how quickly people have turned on Klopp this season, despite what he did last. There's been comments saying he's out of his depth, telling him to fuck off among others. So far detached from the original Liverpool way its untrue.
    Frustration creeps in R4L, I for one have been guilty of it, but having seen the chances created, he's doing his job perfectly well, the players aren't. Too many players earning a killing and not providing any return.

I mentioned in another post, my frustration was predominantly out of fear, fear Jurgen would lose his job because of the failings of the players at his disposal. Fear that we wouldn't get a manager like Klopp ever again ,someone with good personnel on the field can make us compete on all fronts.

As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, (firmino with his fake teeth) but you can't make it drink. He can only do so much.

Newcastle at home, a chance to rotate and give other players a chance to prove their worth.

We'll come second in this CL group, scandalous if we don't, but we will.

Agree with all of those posts. If hes guilty of anything this season its putting faith in his players and thats not a bad thing. Its just some of them like you say are making a killing and not earning it at all. Our profligacy in front of goal wont last forever, I fancy us to go through that group despite 2 draws.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

Have to agree .... we have been hurt by expectations and not living up to them

Klopp came in and got us to a European final when a brain fart from moreno cost us ....
    He went onto get us back to the top table of CL football
    He has some quality players but has also persisted with average and should have gotten a new keeper and a center half and maybe even a striker this summer

There is nobody else out there better for us and if the players start playing to their capability we will be just fine....

My gripe has always been I feel there's a lack of accountability..............and he needs criticism to make better choices. .....

If he did say VVD or no one maybe he would have bought someone else if he knew he was going to get slaughtered by press, fans and owners if the defending was woeful again.

He just seems to have achieved hero worship status without actually achieving anything here............

The last true hero in charge of the football club actually won something then got the sack.......

And with that I will shut up about it as it seems the extended holiday period is well and truly over!!!!

The hugs will return when the form/goals/wins do...

Easy to excempt Klopp from last night's finishing, but I was taken back at how easy it was for them at times to break on us. Often 6v5 with very little tracking back from our other 5 certainly not matching up with the opponent's.

There was a bit of analysis last night here looking at a phase of our play and our positioning when we turned over the ball.

We had the ball on the right flank with 3 players, on the far flank we had 4!!!! Players, leaving a grand 3 players occupying central positions out of 10.
    We turned over the ball and they had an easy path to our goal. Against better teams that scenario gets punished badly.

Last night we created a good variety of chances. Though it seemed we tried to play @ 100% all the time, no-one really seemed to check themselves and take a teeny bit of time to compose their finish.
    Safe to say we lacked composure.

I have no time for Klopp out talk tbh,.but he can't be separated from his team.

Our bleak September...
    Lfc
    Shots: 126
    On target: 34
    Goals: 7

Opposition shots: 49
    On target: 30
    Goals: 13

Played 6: Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 2.

Still in relatively decent position in pl and cl all considered.

Roll on Newcastle

Just posted similar on another thread but truly believe it's only a matter of time until our forward line click and an opposing team get an utter hiding!!!

Hopefully it's against the barcodes so that we're confident going into the following league fixtures against the bad Mancs and Spurs.
    She was so wet for me I could hear the waves breaking in her fanny

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

Our bleak September...
    Lfc

Roll on Newcastle
    Amazingly, yes. We're actually not bad in either positionally. We really needed that win at the weekend though or we could have fallen a long way back from the leaders. We had our blip in January last season. Hopefully this is our blip this time out. Maybe Klopp will have a reality check and realise we're a long way off what he seemingly thought. Our attack will most likely click as it did last season but at the moment we're wasting a lot of chances. It's a shame because our creative play deserves more. The defence has been well documented. Our inability to grind out wins is costing us dearly right now. Morale suffers because the attackers need to score so many just to keep us in games and they must feel the pressure right now. Maybe that's why they're fluffing their lines so much. On a positive note, when it does click we're amazing like against Arsenal.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The hugs will return when the form/goals/wins do...

Easy to excempt Klopp from last night's finishing, but I was taken back at how easy it was for them at times to break on us. Often 6v5 with very little tracking back from our other 5 certainly not matching up with the opponent's.

There was a bit of analysis last night here looking at a phase of our play and our positioning when we turned over the ball.

We had the ball on the right flank with 3 players, on the far flank we had 4!!!! Players, leaving a grand 3 players occupying central positions out of 10.
    We turned over the ball and they had an easy path to our goal. Against better teams that scenario gets punished badly.

Last night we created a good variety of chances. Though it seemed we tried to play @ 100% all the time, no-one really seemed to check themselves and take a teeny bit of time to compose their finish.
    Safe to say we lacked composure.

I have no time for Klopp out talk tbh,.but he can't be separated from his team.

Our bleak September...
    Lfc

Roll on Newcastle
    Think we'll be ok. A good year to be poor. Easiest CL group means we should still be there come Feb and players get that experience. Everton have money but not ready yet and Arsenal are a shambles so only competing with 5 for 4 places. Wembley and CL may get in way for spurs plus they have a great first team but no depth. 4th and Feb in CL. New players in july