Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 163

Thread: Please donít go jurgen

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dŻm
    Posts
    10,760
    Salah not a top target then?

    Also would like to hear your reason as to why he took a pay cut. I'm not sure what you're implying.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @steveo - the bottom line is you want a sugar daddy. I don't.


    Also Klopp is the man.
    I want Liverpool FC to be able to compete...! End of story..

    If it means the club is bought by owners who can challenge United, City and Chelsea in the transfer market then YES I want that - are you saying you don't??!! You want to play second fiddle?

    Don't you think it a little ridiculous?

    What do you want Balinkay?

    I was happy for FSG to try and find a clever way to make it work without spending money from their own pockets each season, but where is it mate??? In our dreams possibly...

    They are amateurs... small time amateurs too and if you had the faintest clue what this club used to be, you would understand just how far we have fallen AND just how impossible the climb back is with these clowns..

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Salah not a top target then?

    Also would like to hear your reason as to why he took a pay cut. I'm not sure what you're implying.
    I believe Julian Brandt was the real target - he is wanted by other big clubs too though...

    Don't get me wrong Salah is still a decent signing - if a bit of a headless chicken.. He was at Roma on just over £45k a week - we paid the 35 and doubled his salary... This is about the top end of what we seem capable of buying and it just won't cut the mustard.. Certainly not when you are dealing with a squad as lacking in balance as ours is..

    A decent CB will cost upwards of 50....!

    Let us all know when you find the magic 200 million war chest...

    As for AOC - I am not implying anything - I am stating a fact - AOC is only here because he wanted to come so bad he took £80,000 a week less to move away from London and play for us... Just how common an situation do you suppose that is..?

    Get real
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd October 2017 at 09:11 PM.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dŻm
    Posts
    10,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

    As for AOC - I am not implying anything - I am stating a fact - AOC is only here because he wanted to come so bad he took £80,000 a week less to move away from London and play for us... Just how common an situation do you suppose that is..?

    Get real
    This vagueness is tiring. What's the reason he's here and not in London?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I have explained it - over and over like a broken record..

    Was the OX one of our top summer transfer targets????? No.. Not a Prayer on that score.. No the Ox came in as an attempt to appease fans who knew full well we had a disaster of a summer transfer window following a profit made the season before.. So instead of landing a single top target we got Chamberlain - a deal that could be spun as a coup...

    Under FSG we are able to land players in the 35 million bracket that NOBODY else is bidding for OR who are willing to take a wage cut or less wages than offered else where:.

    Doesn't ANYBODY think it strange that AOC agreed to come here for £80,000 less a week than both London clubs were offering ?

    You are being played
    Why not spend the 35m on a defender, that we so badly needed?

    Your argument has no merit.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Anxiety Avenue in Tinnitus Town
    Posts
    4,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I want Liverpool FC to be able to compete...! End of story..

    If it means the club is bought by owners who can challenge United, City and Chelsea in the transfer market then YES I want that - are you saying you don't??!! You want to play second fiddle?

    Don't you think it a little ridiculous?

    What do you want Balinkay?

    I was happy for FSG to try and find a clever way to make it work without spending money from their own pockets each season, but where is it mate??? In our dreams possibly...

    They are amateurs... small time amateurs too and if you had the faintest clue what this club used to be, you would understand just how far we have fallen AND just how impossible the climb back is with these clowns..
    Some good lines there Steve,I firmly believe with Jurgen or any other manager in charge we have no chance of any sustained success under FSG,they're simply trying to win on the cheap and it aint gonna work I'm afraid,not against the modern moneybags City's,Utd's and Chelski's of this world...

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,319
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    Why not spend the 35m on a defender, that we so badly needed?
    Speaking of defenders.

    Josť Gimťnez and Kostas Manolas in, Lovren and Klavan out.

    Sorted
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Anxiety Avenue in Tinnitus Town
    Posts
    4,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Speaking of defenders.

    Josť Gimťnez and Kostas Manolas in, Lovren and Klavan out.

    Sorted
    Ever the optimist Sid.....More chance of pigs flying though I think re.those 2 defenders...

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    offaly
    Posts
    11,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So the bottom line is precisely where I have been suggesting it is. We are owned by a group who simply cannot make us competitive, not in any sense if the word. We finally end up with a manager that top class players coverted by other top clubs are willing to play for....and we haven't got the cash to back it up!

    This is the reality. We can have an endless conveyor belt of managers BUT until we are able to compete financially we will always be sitting back and looking up while United eclipse every record we had, watching helplessly on as City and Chelsea render us redundant as a force.. Even Spurs had the sense to strike while the iron was hot... They quietly built a super squad around good scouting, recruitment and management - then recognised the need for state of the art stadia and they have gone after both with two hands!

    FSG are not here to make us competitive - It simply isn't a concern of theirs. They have done their feasibility study long ago and they are simply leaning on the clubs heritage to maximise their own profits for as little outlay as possible...!

    It is a disaster every bit as bad as Hicks & Gillett because it is a long drawn out affair, and by the time people wake up and realise what has happened... another decade has slipped past....

    When Spurs move into their new home - half of this forum will finally understand the difference between the folly of romance and the cold hard reality of true ambition...

    So many seem so vocal against Klopp - if half of them were as vocal about FSG and were ready to show that we will not accept third rate ownership ( simply because 2 Cowboys nearly bankrupted us ) by now we would have been bought by a serious consortium who are willing to take Liverpool FC back to the top. Owners that WILL buy the ready made article even if only once in a while... FSG will NEVER do it... Theg can't even land a player from South - bloody - Hampton and Red Bull Frigging Leipzig!!!! It is a joke!
    Agree with everything except the stadium bits.the rest is bang on.

  10. #100
    So whats our plan to get rid of FSG and to find someone worthy/wealthy enough to buy?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •