Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Please donít go jurgen

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    No I'm not comparing our transfer spending, I am saying just because a player isn't a regular starter for us, is no indication that he isn't one of Klopp's signings. We all knew O-C was only going to be a squad player when we were chasing him, it shouldn't be a shock to anyone that it's turning out that way.
    Agreed, not a shock to me or probably any of us on here. I also believe Klopp rates him - as he himself has stated. My point is simply that I do not think that Klopp set out this summer to land Chamberlain as any sort of priority.. Possibly a nice to have. We couldnít have been that desperate were offering 60k a
    Week less than both Arsenal and Chelsea were offering.

I think IF a club spends a club record or close to on a player and you canít see them getting in the team... well I think that is very very strange.

For what itís worth I have hope that the Ox can turn the page here, he does have the tools. Given games and some Klopp work - he really could end up being a very useful player.

But I still wonít believe he was high on Kloppís wish list if and when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Oxlade-Chamberlain was never going to be anything more than a squad player despite what was paid for him, the same with Solanke. United paid a hefty fee for a central defender in the summer, he can't get a game at the moment, was it their committee who signed him or Mourinho?
    This lad has 3 excellent years in Portugal and bags of CL experience at less than half the price of VVD he has more experience at the top level. Looks a great signing. United have 6 clean sheets in 7 games. Would you bring him in yet? Phil jones surprising everyone. On the plus side he has to well overdue a mare!

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPEA View Post
    This lad has 3 excellent years in Portugal and bags of CL experience at less than half the price of VVD he has more experience at the top level. Looks a great signing. United have 6 clean sheets in 7 games. Would you bring him in yet? Phil jones surprising everyone. On the plus side he has to well overdue a mare!
    Yes, hopefully on Saturday, along with quite a few others.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

I stupidly watched some YouTube stuff this morning from different analysis shows, ESPN, Sky etc.

An awful lot of -

"He's managed to get them to do X but still struggling to get them to do Y after a few transfer windows"

"I really like him as a manager but he's starting to lose it a little"

"He's fun with the press but he's been a bit tetchy lately.

"I think he's improved them a but but his record isn't that much better than Brendan's"

It's started already. The tip of the wedge. Losing Rafa worked out well didn't it....

F**k sake.

Can we stomp their lot today please?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Klopp is the man. There are no two ways about it.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    A few people on this forum seem to think it's the case based on our spending since he's come in.
    I take it you don't know how he operated in Germany? It was the reason FSG sourced his services - twice. Problem is though we are not in one team Germany where only one team wins it every single year. His methods won't work here as is proving. Be lucky for 6th this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I stupidly watched some YouTube stuff this morning from different analysis shows, ESPN, Sky etc.

An awful lot of -

"He's managed to get them to do X but still struggling to get them to do Y after a few transfer windows"

"I really like him as a manager but he's starting to lose it a little"

"He's fun with the press but he's been a bit tetchy lately.

"I think he's improved them a but but his record isn't that much better than Brendan's"

It's started already. The tip of the wedge. Losing Rafa worked out well didn't it....

F**k sake.

Can we stomp their lot today please?
    Think the qoutes after the first one are a result of the first qoutes critique.

Think that's a fair comment myself.

We're poor at defending & attacking set pieces and crosses. This leads to teams exploiting those weaknesses.

When you don't do something well, your weak, then you suffer.

What do you expect/want people to say?

We're still weak at y and that's fine/great?

In the end results will matter most. If we win silverware than criticism is more hollow. Longer things go without it than the more critical people will be. Is it different about any other manager or at any other club?

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Klopp is the man. There are no two ways about it.
    He may or may not be the man, but one thing is clear, there is literally no one available better than him. Or anyone better that would take the job if offered it.

Agree pob.