Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Please donít go jurgen

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    How do you know this to be true?

For me the Ox is a CLASSIC FSG signing. Over priced but young and English! Klopp clearly likes him and we do need wide cover - but do you honestly believe he would be here had we had a chance of landing VVD?

Furthermore do you honestly believe Coutinho would be here had we got Keita?

The owners categorically ARE NOT backing Klopp, if so where are these funds??? The 200 million war chest (would have STILL left us playing catch up on City and United) was complete and utter horseshit. Rumour and empty suggestions about as reliable as the Annie road extension. A pipe dream to keep you all on side...

And just for the record - the Ox was 35 not 40.. and he's on nearly £60,000 a week less than Arsenal or Chelsea were offering
    O-C wanted to leave Arsenal, but Chelsea were going to use him as a wing back which is a position he didn't want to play, that's why he ended up at Liverpool. At least one thing we know about him, it isn't about the money. Makes a refreshing change in today's world.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Ancelotti sacked as Bayern manager

Well if he went there he would struggle to last the week out

At least our owners have a bit more patience but not sure that will last much longer with the shit he seems to be delivering most games and the utter confidence he seems to have in certain players that shouldn't be anywhere near the club let alone playing week in week out
    I'm sure someone that doesn't go to a game can tell me why he persists in a fucking joke of a keeper ,defenders that can't defend and midfielders that seem devoid of any game intelligence what so ever
    Going to be a long season
    I'm sure this is all down to FSG though and in no way what so ever Klopps fault but we can cling onto the fact he got us 4th last season
    Alonso is a good player,Lucas is a proven world class player,In fact he is the best player in the world in his position

Ox was a strange transfer but as recently as January (with Coutinho and Mane unavailable) people were moaning we needed more cover.

It's as if the bean counters gave Klopp some sort of ultimatum to spend £x amount this window to balance some books, and Ox was the only one available.

Sure he'd have preferred to get Keita in this window and Ox the next (and for free) but as someone said it's like the Balotelli deal.

Here's some money, go and spend it, don't complain if we are short of personnel and miss out on Europe and you get the sack.

How do you know this to be true?

For me the Ox is a CLASSIC FSG signing. Over priced but young and English! Klopp clearly likes him and we do need wide cover - but do you honestly believe he would be here had we had a chance of landing VVD?

Furthermore do you honestly believe Coutinho would be here had we got Keita?

The owners categorically ARE NOT backing Klopp, if so where are these funds??? The 200 million war chest (would have STILL left us playing catch up on City and United) was complete and utter horseshit. Rumour and empty suggestions about as reliable as the Annie road extension. A pipe dream to keep you all on side...

And just for the record - the Ox was 35 not 40.. and he's on nearly £60,000 a week less than Arsenal or Chelsea were offering
    The same way you know that to be true. Guesswork.

The reality is that none of us know the full details. Common sense would tell us that John Henry isnít scouting players, so itís unlikely he has much to do with the Ox signing.

And thereís the issue. If the owners arenít backing the manager, how do you explain 40m on a player we didnít really need?
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    The same way you know that to be true. Guesswork.

The reality is that none of us know the full details. Common sense would tell us that John Henry isnít scouting players, so itís unlikely he has much to do with the Ox signing.

And thereís the issue. If the owners arenít backing the manager, how do you explain 40m on a player we didnít really need?
    Indeed it is a guesswork, we are all stabbing around in the dark.

As for John Henry scouting players again I would have to agree with you - I don't imagine he is or ever has been personally involved in signings, but rather I believe any signings made are only sanctioned IF they tick all the boxes of a criteria agreed upon by FSG as a group and one which fits their business model.

How else could we keep repeating the same mistakes under 3 very different managers?

Either the scouting network is continually rubbish ( the list over the 7 years is too big to enter on my phone ) or the owners know better than the manager - Dele Ali and Eriksen to name just two that Spurs gazumped us on...

I am really confused here - Why does the signing of Oxlade Chamberlain (for 35 million) , a player so many think we don't need, have any bearing on whether Klopp is being backed in the transfer market???

What on earth does it have to do with it? to use it as some kind of evidence that Klopp is in control of transfers seems crazy to me.

Surely it adds to the suspicion that Transfers are being influenced by a second party OTHER than the manager..

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Ox was a strange transfer but as recently as January (with Coutinho and Mane unavailable) people were moaning we needed more cover.

It's as if the bean counters gave Klopp some sort of ultimatum to spend £x amount this window to balance some books, and Ox was the only one available.

Sure he'd have preferred to get Keita in this window and Ox the next (and for free) but as someone said it's like the Balotelli deal.

Here's some money, go and spend it, don't complain if we are short of personnel and miss out on Europe and you get the sack.
    I totally agree - it is the ONLY scenario that makes any sense at all - to me at least..

I totally agree - it is the ONLY scenario that makes any sense at all - to me at least..
    Pissing 40m down the drain because the transfer window was closing, makes even less sense than your theories.

Who said this:

"English football is especially obsessed with transfers. We are always looking for the right players, not just somebody, that's the most important information.
    ďOf course, the summer is important and there are several things we need to develop Ė one is transfers, the otherís time,Ē Klopp said in his weekly press conference.
    ďBut we showed in the January window we will not be trying to sign players just for the sake of it, and just because we have money.
    How many times does he have to keep repeating the same line, before people like you start to listen?

The only way the Ox signing makes any sense, is that Klopp wanted him. Now, how does that prove the owners are not backing the manager?
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    Pissing 40m down the drain because the transfer window was closing, makes even less sense than your theories.

Who said this:

How many times does he have to keep repeating the same line, before people like you start to listen?

The only way the Ox signing makes any sense, is that Klopp wanted him. Now, how does that prove the owners are not backing the manager?
    Forgive me if I don't take vagueries issued by Klopp to the press in his second language as proof of anything related to funds he may or may not have at his disposal.

But IF you want to start reading into his words - what about this nugget - just yesterday...

"We had no chance for Lukaku, that would have been an interesting move"

And ALEX Oxlade Chamberlain cost 35 not 40 million.

Who said they had no chance for Lukaku? Klopp?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Forgive me if I don't take vagueries issued by Klopp to the press in his second language as proof of anything related to funds he may or may not have at his disposal.

But IF you want to start reading into his words - what about this nugget - just yesterday...

"We had no chance for Lukaku, that would have been an interesting move"

And ALEX Oxlade Chamberlain cost 35 not 40 million.
    Well, if you're going to ignore everything Klopp says regarding the matter and at the same time, refuse to offer any evidence to the contrary, then it's going to be mighty difficult to convince anyone that you have a point. At the minute, it's just an incessant rant against FSG.

Spending 40m on Ox (or 35, if you like) is on Klopp, not the owners. It offers no proof that they aren't backing him in the market. In fact, to most rational beings, it proves the exact opposite.