Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 174

Thread: Please donít go jurgen

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yes, we probably don't need a 25 a season striker.

    Also we probably could never have got Lukaku.
    Precisely.... for me - reading between the lines Klopp is actually letting little soundbytes out which back up the theory that - he isn't being given the funds to buy a 25 a season striker... They cost big money..

    To those who think we don't need to strengthen in that area - I would urge them to take a look at Spurs, 3 up on 23 minutes away at Huddersfield! That doesn't happen without a top striker, certainly not with the regularity that Spurs now seem capable of and like we regularly did ourselves back in 2014.

    The game is all about goals. Goals are the only way to win a game and when you score lots of goals the team plays with far less pressure.. That's why top strikers cost the earth and probably why we are not in the market..

    Who needs a 25 goal a season striker...??? Food for thought

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    [/B]

    Since when? You kept that quiet, you should have said earlier.
    Bang to rights....fair play...

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dŻm
    Posts
    10,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Precisely.... for me - reading between the lines Klopp is actually letting little soundbytes out which back up the theory that - he isn't being given the funds to buy a 25 a season striker... They cost big money..

    To those who think we don't need to strengthen in that area - I would urge them to take a look at Spurs, 3 up on 23 minutes away at Huddersfield! That doesn't happen without a top striker, certainly not with the regularity that Spurs now seem capable of and like we regularly did ourselves back in 2014.

    The game is all about goals. Goals are the only way to win a game and when you score lots of goals the team plays with far less pressure.. That's why top strikers cost the earth and probably why we are not in the market..

    Who needs a 25 goal a season striker...??? Food for thought
    Don't really see anything between the lines in his comments.

    We don't need one. We have Bobby, who's bloody amazing. Having one 25 goal man is worse than having three 10 goal men.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Don't really see anything between the lines in his comments.

    We don't need one. We have Bobby, who's bloody amazing. Having one 25 goal man is worse than having three 10 goal men.
    Yawn...

    "We don't need one. We have Bobby, who's bloody amazing. Having one 25 goal man is worse than having three 10 goal men"..,

    This speaks volumes for your thinking... and it would only ring true if the other 3 failed to register 5 goals between them....

    And they say football fans are thick....
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th September 2017 at 01:44 PM.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dŻm
    Posts
    10,765
    One player injured and all your goals are gone in your case.

    One player injured in my case - a third of them dry up.

    Can't see what bothers you there. Also, what other three?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Precisely.... for me - reading between the lines Klopp is actually letting little soundbytes out which back up the theory that - he isn't being given the funds to buy a 25 a season striker... They cost big money..

    To those who think we don't need to strengthen in that area - I would urge them to take a look at Spurs, 3 up on 23 minutes away at Huddersfield! That doesn't happen without a top striker, certainly not with the regularity that Spurs now seem capable of and like we regularly did ourselves back in 2014.

    The game is all about goals. Goals are the only way to win a game and when you score lots of goals the team plays with far less pressure.. That's why top strikers cost the earth and probably why we are not in the market..

    Who needs a 25 goal a season striker...??? Food for thought
    Who said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    As an incumbent manager of any club you are the mouthpiece, the diplomat, you represent the club to the media - to take what is said as gospel would surely be naive.
    Damn, I left your name in the quote and gave the answer away. Never mind.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    One player injured and all your goals are gone in your case.

    One player injured in my case - a third of them dry up.

    Can't see what bothers you there. Also, what other three?
    I meant other the other 2 - one scoring 25 and the other 2 failing to score 5 between them... apologies.

    "One player injured and all your goals are gone"?? WTF - are you sugesing that high scoring strikers only ever play in teams that don't score any other goals from any other source??

    The point is - you don't EVER use that logic unless you are trying to justify a lack of a striker.. You don't try to create a situation where players score less goals but spread out between them as a plus... You aim for a maximum from every player.

    I would like to know the ratio of league winners without a 20-25 a season striker versus teams who had a roughly even spread around the 10 - 12 goal mark.. I expect it is weighted in favour of the sides with an out and out striker..
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th September 2017 at 04:12 PM.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dŻm
    Posts
    10,765
    I'd expect that same ratio to be heavily favoured towards one of the three richest sides in the league. The same who can shop for the very best strikers who offer more tha goals like say Suarez.

    Of which we are not one.


    Face it - spreading goals around is unequivocally good. More match winners - more chance one of them will have a good day.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    9,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Precisely.... for me - reading between the lines Klopp is actually letting little soundbytes out which back up the theory that - he isn't being given the funds to buy a 25 a season striker... They cost big money..

    To those who think we don't need to strengthen in that area - I would urge them to take a look at Spurs, 3 up on 23 minutes away at Huddersfield! That doesn't happen without a top striker, certainly not with the regularity that Spurs now seem capable of and like we regularly did ourselves back in 2014.

    The game is all about goals. Goals are the only way to win a game and when you score lots of goals the team plays with far less pressure.. That's why top strikers cost the earth and probably why we are not in the market..

    Who needs a 25 goal a season striker...??? Food for thought
    Fair few of the ex reds legends suggested we buy one in the summer gone. Rush, Thommo with Costa , eh Townsend.
    I'd ventured PeA as a suitable candidate, but maybe Klopp isn't keen on him.
    Bit older than the ox, and 20-30 mill more expensive fee, plus surely a bigger wage demand (though not astronomical). Think we'd all rather have added Aubemayang over Oxbo.

    Whilst that window was ballsed up , think Klopp prioritised other areas and maybe said/implied it would only happen if Sturridge had left for a reasonableness fee.

    Been impressed with Sturridge in preseason and the season cameos so far. Hopefully............

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    231
    no chance of a real manager like carlo joining lfc. one can only dream.
    until then ambitious lfc fans put up with mediocrity in the form of a german cheerleader who has done nothing in the game.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •