Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Please donít go jurgen

I don't know if he's said anything else, I just read that first quote during the match. Found it very funny. Then he went off on one with his homosexual fantasies.

I don't have a lot of time for fans who turn on a manager after two years in a job, certainly not one who has actually made some visable improvements. Even if it's not the quick one fix to everything that the crybabies demand.
    "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes Ö it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I'd expect that same ratio to be heavily favoured towards one of the three richest sides in the league. The same who can shop for the very best strikers who offer more tha goals like say Suarez.

Of which we are not one.

Face it - spreading goals around is unequivocally good. More match winners - more chance one of them will have a good day.
    I feel like I am having a debate with Rain Man..

What has spreading the goals out got to do with the merits of having a 25 goal a season striker??????????

Answer = Nothing at all!

They are not mutually exclusive and never will be no matter what anybody does or says.

You don't choose to go for 3 players who score 10 goals a season over 2 who score 10 and a striker who score 25!!!!!! Not unless you are demented..

This was the issue for me, before I entered this rabbit warren of a "debate"..

The issue is I'd rather have Firmino on the team with his 10 goals and work rate rather than a player capable of only scoring goals. Complete strikers like Suarez are a rare and expensive breed, one we can not afford at the moment.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

The issue is I'd rather have Firmino on the team with his 10 goals and work rate rather than a player capable of only scoring goals. Complete strikers like Suarez are a rare and expensive breed, one we can not afford at the moment.
    Solanke may find himself getting further up the pecking order soon.

On another note, stats from our last 7 matches -

Shots by Liverpool - 138
    Goals scored by Liverpool - 8

Shots against Liverpool - 49
    Goals scored against Liverpool - 14

Infuriatingly frustrating both in terms of wastefulness in front of goal and in terms of concession.

HOWEVER - we have nearly triple the amount of shots of our opposition - if/as/when we can take our chances we really should manage to bury a few teams. Hope it comes soon!!!
    Last edited by Insidious; 2nd October 2017 at 12:34 AM.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I think this is a bit misleading compounded by the fact that we've had pretty shit strikers since 2010 with the exception of Suarez. Sturridge, for all his class, has taken a beating through injuries and has been meh for atleast a couple years now.

Complete strikers like Suarez (obv not as good) are not as rare, morata, Kane, Jesus all have commendable work rate and creativity. Getting a top striker has never been cheap but if we're willing to spend 75m on a CB and 40m on a bench player, money shouldn't be in question.

So the bottom line is precisely where I have been suggesting it is. We are owned by a group who simply cannot make us competitive, not in any sense if the word. We finally end up with a manager that top class players coverted by other top clubs are willing to play for....and we haven't got the cash to back it up!

This is the reality. We can have an endless conveyor belt of managers BUT until we are able to compete financially we will always be sitting back and looking up while United eclipse every record we had, watching helplessly on as City and Chelsea render us redundant as a force.. Even Spurs had the sense to strike while the iron was hot... They quietly built a super squad around good scouting, recruitment and management - then recognised the need for state of the art stadia and they have gone after both with two hands!

FSG are not here to make us competitive - It simply isn't a concern of theirs. They have done their feasibility study long ago and they are simply leaning on the clubs heritage to maximise their own profits for as little outlay as possible...!

It is a disaster every bit as bad as Hicks & Gillett because it is a long drawn out affair, and by the time people wake up and realise what has happened... another decade has slipped past....

When Spurs move into their new home - half of this forum will finally understand the difference between the folly of romance and the cold hard reality of true ambition...

So many seem so vocal against Klopp - if half of them were as vocal about FSG and were ready to show that we will not accept third rate ownership ( simply because 2 Cowboys nearly bankrupted us ) by now we would have been bought by a serious consortium who are willing to take Liverpool FC back to the top. Owners that WILL buy the ready made article even if only once in a while... FSG will NEVER do it... Theg can't even land a player from South - bloody - Hampton and Red Bull Frigging Leipzig!!!! It is a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So the bottom line is precisely where I have been suggesting it is. We are owned by a group who simply cannot make us competitive, not in any sense if the word. We finally end up with a manager that top class players coverted by other top clubs are willing to play for....and we haven't got the cash to back it up!

This is the reality. We can have an endless conveyor belt of managers BUT until we are able to compete financially we will always be sitting back and looking up while United eclipse every record we had, watching helplessly on as City and Chelsea render us redundant as a force.. Even Spurs had the sense to strike while the iron was hot... They quietly built a super squad around good scouting, recruitment and management - then recognised the need for state of the art stadia and they have gone after both with two hands!

FSG are not here to make us competitive - It simply isn't a concern of theirs. They have done their feasibility study long ago and they are simply leaning on the clubs heritage to maximise their own profits for as little outlay as possible...!

It is a disaster every bit as bad as Hicks & Gillett because it is a long drawn out affair, and by the time people wake up and realise what has happened... another decade has slipped past....

When Spurs move into their new home - half of this forum will finally understand the difference between the folly of romance and the cold hard reality of true ambition...

So many seem so vocal against Klopp - if half of them were as vocal about FSG and were ready to show that we will not accept third rate ownership ( simply because 2 Cowboys nearly bankrupted us ) by now we would have been bought by a serious consortium who are willing to take Liverpool FC back to the top. Owners that WILL buy the ready made article even if only once in a while... FSG will NEVER do it... Theg can't even land a player from South - bloody - Hampton and Red Bull Frigging Leipzig!!!! It is a joke!
    Southampton didnt want to sell to us. Absolutley jack all FSG can do about that. If they had landed him with a ridicuolous offer of 70 or 80m and he was playing shite you'd be blaming them for that too.
    A deal has been made for Keita. RB same as saints, werent willing to sell.
    Also Spurs have won fuck all for years last time i checked. In the time they won their last trophy weve been european champions, had a cup treble and a couple more league cups and an FA cup. I reckon spurs fans would trade that allday long. They have a good squad and are well ahead of us but do you think their players are sticking around if they dont start winning things? I doubt it. Theyve been a "project" for a while now and need to start delivering but they are in the sane position as us. Competing against 3 clubs who are literally playing monopoly football and are responsible for pretty much destroying the transfer market with obscene amounts of money.
    We know FSG arent great but they arent alone in struggling to compete. We were way behind well before they or Hicks and Gillet turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

40m for a player to sit on the bench though. Not bad for owners that aren't backing the manager. Explain that?
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by red4life86 View Post
    I don't know if he's said anything else, I just read that first quote during the match. Found it very funny. Then he went off on one with his homosexual fantasies.

I don't have a lot of time for fans who turn on a manager after two years in a job, certainly not one who has actually made some visable improvements. Even if it's not the quick one fix to everything that the crybabies demand.
    Ok, maybe he'll tell us all in time.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

@steveo - the bottom line is you want a sugar daddy. I don't.

Also Klopp is the man.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non