Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guess which team will win the league this year ?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Another boring cunt, No doubt It's a Klopp out from you.
    Is anyone really saying klopp out? I think he's just getting fair criticism for some mediocre performances?

United
    City
    Chelsea
    Liverpool

In case there is any doubt.....We are the new Arsenal
    I seem to remember reading stuff when the owners took over that the Arsenal model is the one they aspired to.....Anither 4th place this year ...making a profit or even balancing the books ........its all working out very profitably for them

one of the manchester clubs

We'll be nowhere near

can't help but feel for the back 4 when they're obviously shite confidence must be low, when they see the good play ahead of us, and the attackers we have.

Oh well.

It's like you're with a 8/10 bird, but you're a 3/10 and feel insecure about it.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 4th October 2017 at 01:23 PM.

Think we dodged a bullet with VVD at 70m. Very average

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I'll let you know when we get to 42 points
    lol
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I seem to remember reading stuff when the owners took over that the Arsenal model is the one they aspired to.....Anither 4th place this year ...making a profit or even balancing the books ........its all working out very profitably for them
    The model of giving unlimited funds to a complete fucking mug, who'd never won a trophy in his puff, didn't work out so well.

There's nothing wrong with balancing the books. It's the right way to run a football club, long term and still leaves LFC with fortunes to build a quality squad. I hate to keep mentioning that we spent 40m on a player for the bench but we did. Hard to blame FSG for our current failings on the pitch, under those circumstances.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    The model of giving unlimited funds to a complete fucking mug, who'd never won a trophy in his puff, didn't work out so well.

There's nothing wrong with balancing the books. It's the right way to run a football club, long term and still leaves LFC with fortunes to build a quality squad. I hate to keep mentioning that we spent 40m on a player for the bench but we did. Hard to blame FSG for our current failings on the pitch, under those circumstances.

Define unlimited funds??

I am very intregued to hear this one...

Are the unlimited funds in question in actual fact the same funds that were actually far less than any of our top 4 rivals spent on fees and salaries player for player?

Are we talking about these unlimited funds?

And AOC will still have cost 35 and not 40 even if you repeat it for the rest of your life...
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th October 2017 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Define unlimited funds??

I am very intregued to hear this one...

Are the unlimited funds in question in actual fact the same funds that were actually far less than any of our top 4 rivals spent on fees and salaries player for player?

Are we talking about these unlimited funds?
    All the managers under these owners have had money to spend, if you want them to spend as much as what City United and Chelsea do every year, I think you are looking for different owners. It wasn't their fault we swapped Torres with Carroll and Suarez with Balotelli, that was down to the managers at the time, money was there to be spent, they just spent it on the wrong players.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post

Building a quality squad.. you think the likes of Coutinho and Mane will stick around for 2 years and wait?? as for building the squad. we are not allowed too are we?? we have to sell to buy.. you need to look at the ins and outs over the last 2 seasons for instance..
    Our squad as not got stronger as it In the numbers?we lose 2 midfielders to injury we are fked in that position. same in the centre back area. our back up is KLAVAN? fking hell...
    Leader of all..master of none..

I'm usually positive. but we are not gonna win the league again this season. in fact we will struggle to get top 4..
    Hopefully man-city win the league..
    We are powder puff at the back and in attack.. we look fking word class when we attack. we just cant score for toffee from dozens of chances.. and we have the likes of Lovren who can't be even assed to run back to close a ball down.
    Leader of all..master of none..

The doom and gloom on here is depressing.
    Not that long ago we had a run of clean sheets.
    Going forward we've got the most frightening attack in the league by a mile.
    Utd..who have they even played?
    When Mourinho comes here in a few days time his team will sit back and hoof balls up to Fellaine and/or Lukaku, to by pass our press. it will be a dire game. Don't think youre gonna win the league like that. Guardiola, Pocettino or Conte wouldnt set up to play like that.
    We're hardly into the new season. let's see where we are at Christmas.
    With regard to VVD..some on here saying he is rubbish. He is really good at organising the back line. Good at tackling. great reader of the game. wins almost anything that is in the air and very comfortable in possession. He is going to be great for us.
    If VVD comes in January and even a chance Keita might come, if we are still in touch with the leaders we will have a great end to the season and be challenging.
    We were very unlucky against Newcastle.