Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guess which team will win the league this year ?!!?

there is no such thing as luck.. if that's the case we have been unlucky not to win the last 50 games. we always play better than opposition.. well nearly always do.. anyone honestly think Newcastle give rats ass we dominated them?? the facts remain. we have won 1 game in 7... we deserved to probably win 6 of them..But we haven't..
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    The doom and gloom on here is depressing.
    Not that long ago we had a run of clean sheets.
    Going forward we've got the most frightening attack in the league by a mile.
    Utd..who have they even played?
    When Mourinho comes here in a few days time his team will sit back and hoof balls up to Fellaine and/or Lukaku, to by pass our press. it will be a dire game. Don't think youre gonna win the league like that. Guardiola, Pocettino or Conte wouldnt set up to play like that.
    We're hardly into the new season. let's see where we are at Christmas.
    With regard to VVD..some on here saying he is rubbish. He is really good at organising the back line. Good at tackling. great reader of the game. wins almost anything that is in the air and very comfortable in possession. He is going to be great for us.
    If VVD comes in January and even a chance Keita might come, if we are still in touch with the leaders we will have a great end to the season and be challenging.
    We were very unlucky against Newcastle.
    Good Post.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Agree skyebo.

In the spirit of the threads seriousness

Newcastle
    Liverpool
    City
    Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Interesting that we seem to be out of the title race with only 7 games played.
    I think people understand we're in bad form at the moment and are anticipating a frustrating loss to a United side that have the physical units to nick a set-piece goal against us, coupled with a keeper to keep out our better chances, leaving us 9 points off top should it comes to pass.

Simultaneously, City are likely to win their game. So we'd be 9 points behind 2 teams that have come out of the blocks flying.

That doesn't make the Manchester clubs un-catchable of course. But we'd need to sort out our issues very promptly, not only gaining points at the same rate as our rivals, but also better to claw back the gap.

Naturally if we beat United, be it via a deflected own goal by Fellaini, or us actually putting in a ridiculously top quality performance, we'll re-assess - us fans are a fickle bunch
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think people understand we're in bad form at the moment and are anticipating a frustrating loss to a United side that have the physical units to nick a set-piece goal against us, coupled with a keeper to keep out our better chances, leaving us 9 points off top should it comes to pass.

Simultaneously, City are likely to win their game. So we'd be 9 points behind 2 teams that have come out of the blocks flying.

That doesn't make the Manchester clubs un-catchable of course. But we'd need to sort out our issues very promptly, not only gaining points at the same rate as our rivals, but also better to claw back the gap.

Naturally if we beat United, be it via a deflected own goal by Fellaini, or us actually putting in a ridiculously top quality performance, we'll re-assess - us fans are a fickle bunch
    All clubs have 'em Sid.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    The model of giving unlimited funds to a complete fucking mug, who'd never won a trophy in his puff, didn't work out so well.

There's nothing wrong with balancing the books. It's the right way to run a football club, long term and still leaves LFC with fortunes to build a quality squad. I hate to keep mentioning that we spent 40m on a player for the bench but we did. Hard to blame FSG for our current failings on the pitch, under those circumstances.
    God you're obsessed!!! Lol

Yes it might be the right way to run a football club. ..but as Arsenal have proved ....it wins you nothing!

And I don't think they've given anybody unlimited funds...
    Always seemed that they sell our best players......then don't do what the manager wants and don't replace properly

Yes yes yes...
    you were right about Coutinho...
    Last edited by shminkyred; 5th October 2017 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    All the managers under these owners have had money to spend, if you want them to spend as much as what City United and Chelsea do every year, I think you are looking for different owners. It wasn't their fault we swapped Torres with Carroll and Suarez with Balotelli, that was down to the managers at the time, money was there to be spent, they just spent it on the wrong players.

Each manager at every single club in the league has had money to spend - so what?

What matters is how much and on whom.. and that has been to the detriment of every manager under FSG..

I am most definitely "looking for different owners" and YES I do want us to be able to spend as much as City, Chelsea or United do on a player and salary - even if only at a rate of say 1 for every 2 they sign. Not too much to ask is it - for a club of Liverpool FC's size? The fact is we don't EVER do it! Not once, not ever, not anytime...and...we wonder WHY we keep coming up short and blame the manager.

The only "finished article" "world class" players involved in transfer activity around Liverpool FC - are those who are about to leave... It's a one way street.

This most certainly does not equate with terms like "unlimited funds" or fallacies like - "FSG saved us"... they don't bare any relevance because neither are true in any way at all.

As for players like Carroll and Balotelli....I think it is pretty common knowledge that Carroll was a Comolli signing (one reason for why he was sacked ) and Balotelli was not a player Rodgers wanted..

Both scenarios kind of prove the point about the owners all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Each manager at every single club in the league has had money to spend - so what?

What matters is how much and on whom.. and that has been to the detriment of every manager under FSG..

I am most definitely "looking for different owners" and YES I do want us to be able to spend as much as City, Chelsea or United do on a player and salary - even if only at a rate of say 1 for every 2 they sign. Not too much to ask is it - for a club of Liverpool FC's size? The fact is we don't EVER do it! Not once, not ever, not anytime...and...we wonder WHY we keep coming up short and blame the manager.

The only "finished article" "world class" players involved in transfer activity around Liverpool FC - are those who are about to leave... It's a one way street.

This most certainly does not equate with terms like "unlimited funds" or fallacies like - "FSG saved us"... they don't bare any relevance because neither are true in any way at all.

As for players like Carroll and Balotelli....I think it is pretty common knowledge that Carroll was a Comolli signing (one reason for why he was sacked ) and Balotelli was not a player Rodgers wanted..

Who do you think was paying the money to sign VVD ? you've gone from, they are not spending any money, to they are, but it wasn't the managers who brought those players in. Whether it was Comolli Dalglish or Rodgers who signed them, it was the owners who paid for them.
    Last edited by skyebo; 5th October 2017 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Spot on!!!

Personally, i'm not bothered who the owners are because ultimately it's the manager and the players who are the ones that will either get the trophies or not. The previous owners owners tried to ruin the club and in the end wouldn't spend any money. Benitez wasn't allowed much in his last year, and Hodgson got even less when you look at some of the ones he brought in. At least these are willing to spend cash, and all this about they sell players too, of course they do, but so to do the other clubs. We only seem to get the arguments over the owners when we are going through a sticky time, I don't recall many threads about them when Klopp was getting us to two finals last year.