Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guess which team will win the league this year ?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Each manager at every single club in the league has had money to spend - so what?

What matters is how much and on whom.. and that has been to the detriment of every manager under FSG..

I am most definitely "looking for different owners" and YES I do want us to be able to spend as much as City, Chelsea or United do on a player and salary - even if only at a rate of say 1 for every 2 they sign. Not too much to ask is it - for a club of Liverpool FC's size? The fact is we don't EVER do it! Not once, not ever, not anytime...and...we wonder WHY we keep coming up short and blame the manager.

The only "finished article" "world class" players involved in transfer activity around Liverpool FC - are those who are about to leave... It's a one way street.

This most certainly does not equate with terms like "unlimited funds" or fallacies like - "FSG saved us"... they don't bare any relevance because neither are true in any way at all.

As for players like Carroll and Balotelli....I think it is pretty common knowledge that Carroll was a Comolli signing (one reason for why he was sacked ) and Balotelli was not a player Rodgers wanted..

Both scenarios kind of prove the point about the owners all the more.
    Don't think Mario or Carrol were the owners as such but people at the club, so you can loosely put that on the owners.

Not certain on the transfer and which were fsg or g&h.

Masch was out the door with Woys arrival.
    Torres wasn't world class when he left.
    Sterling wasn't maybe isn't either but a good young prospect. Whose looking better now at city.
    Suarez was and is world class, think he's declined at Barca , but that's due to him stepping into a team wit topper dogs.
    Coutinho may leave who is pretty much world class but not a Suarez level player yet.

Looking at us under Klopp he's added prudently with a pitiful net spend relative to our rivals.
    Big players/fees signed by Klopp.
    Matip, Wiji & Mane.
    Salah, Keita and the Ox (fee).
    Smallies Karius Klavan Robertson Grujic Solanke

Arguably none of these players arrived with a world class tag/price.
    But some declare Mane world class but he's a little off that standard imo nor has the time at that level. Could well be.
    Salah I think you've downplayed his impact.
    Keita the first player we've signed under Klopp where world class has been mooted.
    So to date under Klopp 1 world class touted player in, zero out.
    Of those listed above Wiji has a few detractors and the ox has big question marks over him, even allowing that he's barely played.

Outside of Sahko can't think of a player we miss. Skrtel for cover maybe and Benteke on paper but neither are a big miss.

Think it's abundantly clear Klopp wants Vvd and we'll have to fork out for him.

Gk needs addressing too imo and others. For all Fagin defends Migs , his weakness at crosses and unsuitability for sweeper keeper in Klopps side means we need an upgrade in that department.

I agree with you generally that we need a top CF in the squad. Aubemayang would've done me but seemingly not Klopp.

Can piss and moan about all our players, but just wondering if we added as you prescribe in those 3 positions , where else do you think we'd be short ?

Think Klopp is the manager with the experience/swathe to sort out the off the field side of the club and attract the players we need. So unless fsg turn out to be tight as fook with money in windows to come in the next year he'll be able to get where we want.
    If they're tight as fook it may be a case of struggling to keep players.

I'd arguments with BRC over Coutinhos value, where I rated his value fee rather highly for the brc at that time.
    However looking like the player most likely to leave (he's said he's dissapponted with Barca and not looking to leave - bucket of salt there imo) we could lose him and sort out other areas of the team and be better for it.
    Ideally we'd just add those fooking players and keep him too.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think Klopp is the manager with the experience/swathe to sort out the off the field side of the club and attract the players we need. So unless fsg turn out to be tight as fook with money in windows to come in the next year he'll be able to get where we want.
    If they're tight as fook it may be a case of struggling to keep players.

I'd arguments with BRC over Coutinhos value, where I rated his value fee rather highly for the brc at that time.
    However looking like the player most likely to leave (he's said he's dissapponted with Barca and not looking to leave - bucket of salt there imo) we could lose him and sort out other areas of the team and be better for it.
    Ideally we'd just add those fooking players and keep him too.
    Why do you believe next year will be any different as transfers go?

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
    Why do you believe next year will be any different as transfers go?
    I tend to be somewhat optimistic, however, think it's fair to say that last summer's window was executed better than this one gone- where we had cl football. Could say not enough added both times.

I think (rumoured) Klopp threatened to walk and he'll have not been best pleased. Similarly jwh was said to be furious with the window and the possibility of a transfer ban. Doubt he was pleased offering a public apology.

All of that leads me to believe/hope there'll have been corrective measures taken.

Finally despite all the various moanings about players, guilty myself. I don't think we need all that much more to finalise the team/squad.

Keita will arrive, other than that I'd like to see a first team GK CB and CF. Where else would Klopp improve otherwise in your opinion out of interest? Guessing DM maybe ventured

We've added 3 big players (well for us) over the previous windows don't see why that would stop going forward.

The barump barump warchest if it had any credence would also indicate that Klopp hasn't used all the finances available to him at LFC. So there's that too.

Oblak (I've dropped my standard) , Vvd and PeA would do me. Though I only offer Oblak on the basis of Ian's opinion, plus there has to be a ob-li-di ob-li-da tune there

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Is anyone really saying klopp out? I think he's just getting fair criticism for some mediocre performances?

United
    City
    Chelsea
    Liverpool

In case there is any doubt.....We are the new Arsenal
    I seem to remember reading stuff when the owners took over that the Arsenal model is the one they aspired to.....Anither 4th place this year ...making a profit or even balancing the books ........its all working out very profitably for them
    Wouldn't mind being the new Arsenal for a few seasons. A few Fa Cups and Natural top four finishers...for a couple of seasons maybe

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I tend to be somewhat optimistic, however, think it's fair to say that last summer's window was executed better than this one gone- where we had cl football. Could say not enough added both times.

I think (rumoured) Klopp threatened to walk and he'll have not been best pleased. Similarly jwh was said to be furious with the window and the possibility of a transfer ban. Doubt he was pleased offering a public apology.

All of that leads me to believe/hope there'll have been corrective measures taken.

Finally despite all the various moanings about players, guilty myself. I don't think we need all that much more to finalise the team/squad.

Keita will arrive, other than that I'd like to see a first team GK CB and CF. Where else would Klopp improve otherwise in your opinion out of interest? Guessing DM maybe ventured

We've added 3 big players (well for us) over the previous windows don't see why that would stop going forward.

The barump barump warchest if it had any credence would also indicate that Klopp hasn't used all the finances available to him at LFC. So there's that too.

Oblak (I've dropped my standard) , Vvd and PeA would do me. Though I only offer Oblak on the basis of Ian's opinion, plus there has to be a ob-li-di ob-li-da tune there
    Putting it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if we fixed our act because it's the least that's expected of us. At the same time, I wouldn't really be surprised if we waste another transfer window because we've been doing that consistently for years now.

I think we will do well if the acquisition of Keita and VVD happen in the January window or possibly other additions making an improvement to the squad.Unfortunately i think it will come too late for this season to make the top 4,hopefully i'm wrong and we don't have too much ground to make up on the leaders.Although we may improve other teams will also make signings Mourinho is said to be wanting to improve his squad for one.