Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Spine vs Our Rivals

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Apparently Firmino is being given an extended contract.. with more money no doubt.. Must be be because of his scoring contribution since the the turn of the year.
    There is no way would he get into the other top clubs.. they have lukaku/Kane Aguero and even Morata looks a good buy. But we have to balance the books. Its easier to pay more to players we already have than buy better.
    Firmino would get into the united side no doubt in my mind. Jose would love him as his ten.

Most of our forward players would get a game at rival clubs.

They'd all keep their top CF in their sides though.

Mata Mickyt Rashford
    Lukaku

Take your pick
    Salah/Mane Firmino Coutinho/Mane
    Lukaku

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    As you can tell I have been annoyed of late..I want a forward who only needs one chance and the balls in the net..Sturridge was like that. But Klopp seems obsessed with playing him as a link up player rather then letting him just play on the shoulder of the defender.. so Sturridge is always forced to hold the ball and try and link just like Firmino .. and he is always back to the game.. but that's how Klopp likes our players to play.. we push teams back and then we play in front of the opposition .. we dominate games. But its very easy for defenders to defend front onto the ball..
    Sturridge will get chances again to play.
    As you say he WAS that type of player. Misses chances now, lost pace and gets dispossessed/loses the ball far too often.
    3 bad touches and dispossessed 6! Times v Newcastle. Missed his chance too in the previous game as a sub.

Might improve with games and sharpness but his record over recent years is miles off other CFS around.

Klopp has only been here 2 years so not sure why anyone would remotely think he could have done anything about the spine of the team , We strengthened dramtically in the summer in the areas we most needed to . We need to give him time to get things sorted . It's a master stroke playing Emre as well week in week out as he will surely grow into one of the key members of our team for years to come .The only way is up
    Alonso is a good player,Lucas is a proven world class player,In fact he is the best player in the world in his position

Quote Originally Posted by JONO View Post
    Klopp has only been here 2 years so not sure why anyone would remotely think he could have done anything about the spine of the team , We strengthened dramtically in the summer in the areas we most needed to . We need to give him time to get things sorted . It's a master stroke playing Emre as well week in week out as he will surely grow into one of the key members of our team for years to come .The only way is up
    I seem to recall you clearing off from here in the summer because of the negativity about the assumed lack of bringing the right targets in.
    "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."

Quote Originally Posted by JONO View Post
    You think he'll sign a new contract then?

Currently he's off on a free.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You think he'll sign a new contract then?

Currently he's off on a free.
    I'm not fussed either way, he's like the rest of the midfield, not consistent enough.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Well the main vertebrae has just gone off injured to be replaced by Willian.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Well the main vertebrae has just gone off injured to be replaced by Willian.
    I'm watching it mate, and he didn't look injuried to me.

Back issues again?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Good. It was reported as an injury, glad it isnt.