Thread: Partnership with Tibet water

Partnership with Tibet water

A friend just sent me this, didn't know anything about it

https://actions.sumofus.org/a/tell-liverpool-fc-to-drop-its-sponsorship-deal-with-tibet-water/?akid=35142.6510888.u6n41-&rd=1&source=fwd&t=1

I know we operate in the corporate world (you gotta have the donut partners) and while I don't particularly like the ever increasing pursuit of money taking us further away from the game I love, I know that's the way it is.

This is something different though, worse. We appear to be siding with, legitimising a brand which directly contributes to the oppression of a people. I'm not comfortable with it, it's wrong and it's the kind of thing that as Liverpool (fans at least) I thought we stood against.

No fan of the occupation of Tibet. Do wonder how many, if any, corporate sponsors have a leg to stand on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pritch View Post
    A friend just sent me this, didn't know anything about it

https://actions.sumofus.org/a/tell-liverpool-fc-to-drop-its-sponsorship-deal-with-tibet-water/?akid=35142.6510888.u6n41-&rd=1&source=fwd&t=1

I know we operate in the corporate world (you gotta have the donut partners) and while I don't particularly like the ever increasing pursuit of money taking us further away from the game I love, I know that's the way it is.

This is something different though, worse. We appear to be siding with, legitimising a brand which directly contributes to the oppression of a people. I'm not comfortable with it, it's wrong and it's the kind of thing that as Liverpool (fans at least) I thought we stood against.
    The problem is, how many here would say no to the rumor that was floating around here to a Chinese take over if it came true?

all ways liked Tibet for some reason, suppose it stems from reading 7 yrs in Tibet when I was about 8

A lot of rich people seem to dirty in some way to be fair.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non