Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Investment Talks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    2,248

    Investment Talks

    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/863770/Liverpool-Amanda-Staveley-Takeover-Anfield-News?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_ campaign=Feed%3A+DailyExpressLiverpoolFeed+%28Dail y+Express+Liverpool+Feed%29

    Liverpool are said to have held preliminary buyout talks with investor Amanda Staveley, with the British businesswoman keen to take over a Premier League club.

    Staveley was in the stands at Anfield as Liverpool drew 1-1 with Newcastle before the international break.

    And according to The Mirror, Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group have put a 1billion price tag on the Merseyside giants.

    FSG bought the Reds for 300million seven years ago and are looking for a major return on their investment.


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pure speculation at the moment but would like to know how others feel about being funded by some oil rich firm from the Middle East.

    Personally, I would not be particularly happy about it considering this is exactly why I detest Man City and Chelsea. It would mean a lot less if we won the league having spent like those two and PSG.

    I am okay with a team spending based on the income they generate but certainly not bankrolled by a sugar daddy. I can understand how tempting it is thinking about the top tier players wanting to come here and us challenging for the trophies once again but I do believe if we make the right decisions in the transfer market, we are not far away from being where we want without the oil money.

    Would like to know what others think about this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    9,102
    If it means us buying a decent goalkeeper and two centre halves, I'm all for it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Stoke on trent
    Posts
    133
    Think its the only way to win things these days.

    If we don't have owners willing spend what it takes then we'll never win the league.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dm
    Posts
    10,771
    Don't want illegal petrol money in the club. Any silverware will taste that little bit foul. That said, I'll enjoy it.

    Also, wasn't she there for Newcastle? Read somewhere that's the "bug scoop". Also, according to wikipedia:

    Staveley […] once described herself as "a Geordie at heart"
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,685
    There is an old saying..'Behind every Fortune There is a Crime'.
    Think we have to accept that, although some investors are obviously more immoral than others.
    There was talk around town during the transfer window that FSG were going to sell up (in January?). It was a strong rumour that i heard several times, but not from any kind of good official source, the idea then was that it would be Chinese buy out. But if these stories keep persisting you have to think there is some fire to the smoke.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,115
    1 billion 😂
    They've obviously no intention of selling. I won't be getting my hopes up

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by mano_e_mano View Post
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/863770/Liverpool-Amanda-Staveley-Takeover-Anfield-News?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_ campaign=Feed%3A+DailyExpressLiverpoolFeed+%28Dail y+Express+Liverpool+Feed%29

    Liverpool are said to have held preliminary buyout talks with investor Amanda Staveley, with the British businesswoman keen to take over a Premier League club.

    Staveley was in the stands at Anfield as Liverpool drew 1-1 with Newcastle before the international break.

    And according to The Mirror, Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group have put a 1billion price tag on the Merseyside giants.

    FSG bought the Reds for 300million seven years ago and are looking for a major return on their investment.


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pure speculation at the moment but would like to know how others feel about being funded by some oil rich firm from the Middle East.

    Personally, I would not be particularly happy about it considering this is exactly why I detest Man City and Chelsea. It would mean a lot less if we won the league having spent like those two and PSG.

    I am okay with a team spending based on the income they generate but certainly not bankrolled by a sugar daddy. I can understand how tempting it is thinking about the top tier players wanting to come here and us challenging for the trophies once again but I do believe if we make the right decisions in the transfer market, we are not far away from being where we want without the oil money.

    Would like to know what others think about this.
    Hard to take it seriously when the article cites Staveley at the wrong stadium and on the wrong day..

    As for this heroic, romantic, anti sugar daddy stance.... why assume that is the only other option.. Is that How Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve or even United are run? No...there are many many other ways for big clubs to be financially competitive..

    However IF you really would prefer us to play 4th or 5th fiddle in our league - then you will be happy if FSG stay.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Hard to take it seriously when the article cites Staveley at the wrong stadium and on the wrong day..

    As for this heroic, romantic, anti sugar daddy stance.... why assume that is the only other option.. Is that How Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve or even United are run? No...there are many many other ways for big clubs to be financially competitive..

    However IF you really would prefer us to play 4th or 5th fiddle in our league - then you will be happy if FSG stay.
    Christ youve really turned on FSG now. You were all for them a couple of weeks ago, you championed them from the rooftops and now youve turned tail. Some supporter you are!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Christ youve really turned on FSG now. You were all for them a couple of weeks ago, you championed them from the rooftops and now youve turned tail. Some supporter you are!
    And they say its the lowest form of wit...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Anxiety Avenue in Tinnitus Town
    Posts
    4,039
    Well we won't win any league title under FSG's ownership,I'm utterly convinced of it....

Similar Threads

  1. Time for Saudi investment in Liverpool FC?
    By LFC Online in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd March 2017, 06:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd March 2017, 02:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th February 2017, 03:21 PM
  4. 'Anfield expansion not smart investment'
    By BBC in forum LFC News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th October 2016, 07:37 PM
  5. New investment deal on the cards?
    By Woodie in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 28th August 2016, 09:49 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •