Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Investment Talks

Investment Talks

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/863770/Liverpool-Amanda-Staveley-Takeover-Anfield-News?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_ campaign=Feed%3A+DailyExpressLiverpoolFeed+%28Dail y+Express+Liverpool+Feed%29

Liverpool are said to have held preliminary buyout talks with investor Amanda Staveley, with the British businesswoman keen to take over a Premier League club.

Staveley was in the stands at Anfield as Liverpool drew 1-1 with Newcastle before the international break.

And according to The Mirror, Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group have put a 1billion price tag on the Merseyside giants.

FSG bought the Reds for 300million seven years ago and are looking for a major return on their investment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pure speculation at the moment but would like to know how others feel about being funded by some oil rich firm from the Middle East.

Personally, I would not be particularly happy about it considering this is exactly why I detest Man City and Chelsea. It would mean a lot less if we won the league having spent like those two and PSG.

I am okay with a team spending based on the income they generate but certainly not bankrolled by a sugar daddy. I can understand how tempting it is thinking about the top tier players wanting to come here and us challenging for the trophies once again but I do believe if we make the right decisions in the transfer market, we are not far away from being where we want without the oil money.

Would like to know what others think about this.

If it means us buying a decent goalkeeper and two centre halves, I'm all for it.

Think its the only way to win things these days.

If we don't have owners willing spend what it takes then we'll never win the league.

Don't want illegal petrol money in the club. Any silverware will taste that little bit foul. That said, I'll enjoy it.

Also, wasn't she there for Newcastle? Read somewhere that's the "bug scoop". Also, according to wikipedia:

Staveley […] once described herself as "a Geordie at heart"
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

There is an old saying..'Behind every Fortune There is a Crime'.
    Think we have to accept that, although some investors are obviously more immoral than others.
    There was talk around town during the transfer window that FSG were going to sell up (in January?). It was a strong rumour that i heard several times, but not from any kind of good official source, the idea then was that it would be Chinese buy out. But if these stories keep persisting you have to think there is some fire to the smoke.

1 billion 😂
    They've obviously no intention of selling. I won't be getting my hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by mano_e_mano View Post
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/863770/Liverpool-Amanda-Staveley-Takeover-Anfield-News?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_ campaign=Feed%3A+DailyExpressLiverpoolFeed+%28Dail y+Express+Liverpool+Feed%29

Liverpool are said to have held preliminary buyout talks with investor Amanda Staveley, with the British businesswoman keen to take over a Premier League club.

Staveley was in the stands at Anfield as Liverpool drew 1-1 with Newcastle before the international break.

And according to The Mirror, Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group have put a 1billion price tag on the Merseyside giants.

FSG bought the Reds for 300million seven years ago and are looking for a major return on their investment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pure speculation at the moment but would like to know how others feel about being funded by some oil rich firm from the Middle East.

Personally, I would not be particularly happy about it considering this is exactly why I detest Man City and Chelsea. It would mean a lot less if we won the league having spent like those two and PSG.

I am okay with a team spending based on the income they generate but certainly not bankrolled by a sugar daddy. I can understand how tempting it is thinking about the top tier players wanting to come here and us challenging for the trophies once again but I do believe if we make the right decisions in the transfer market, we are not far away from being where we want without the oil money.

Would like to know what others think about this.
    Hard to take it seriously when the article cites Staveley at the wrong stadium and on the wrong day..

As for this heroic, romantic, anti sugar daddy stance.... why assume that is the only other option.. Is that How Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve or even United are run? No...there are many many other ways for big clubs to be financially competitive..

However IF you really would prefer us to play 4th or 5th fiddle in our league - then you will be happy if FSG stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Hard to take it seriously when the article cites Staveley at the wrong stadium and on the wrong day..

As for this heroic, romantic, anti sugar daddy stance.... why assume that is the only other option.. Is that How Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve or even United are run? No...there are many many other ways for big clubs to be financially competitive..

However IF you really would prefer us to play 4th or 5th fiddle in our league - then you will be happy if FSG stay.
    Christ youve really turned on FSG now. You were all for them a couple of weeks ago, you championed them from the rooftops and now youve turned tail. Some supporter you are!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Christ youve really turned on FSG now. You were all for them a couple of weeks ago, you championed them from the rooftops and now youve turned tail. Some supporter you are!
    And they say its the lowest form of wit...

Well we won't win any league title under FSG's ownership,I'm utterly convinced of it....