Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Investment Talks

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Well we won't win any league title under FSG's ownership,I'm utterly convinced of it....

We all wish football clubs we're run like they used be. Unfortunately times have changed and will keep changing.
    We need owners with unlimited money to compete for the top end value of players,who'll also pay the wages these players could get at other clubs.

If we dont get this we'll be left further behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    We all wish football clubs we're run like they used be. Unfortunately times have changed and will keep changing.
    We need owners with unlimited money to compete for the top end value of players,who'll also pay the wages these players could get at other clubs.

If we dont get this we'll be left further behind.
    Absolutely!...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Hard to take it seriously when the article cites Staveley at the wrong stadium and on the wrong day..

As for this heroic, romantic, anti sugar daddy stance.... why assume that is the only other option.. Is that How Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve or even United are run? No...there are many many other ways for big clubs to be financially competitive..

However IF you really would prefer us to play 4th or 5th fiddle in our league - then you will be happy if FSG stay.
    You missed the point and please take your condescending tone elsewhere.

I am not pro or anti FSG. I want the team to be competitive but not by some sugar daddy bankrolling us but that's just my opinion.

You mention Barca, Real, Juve etc. They have been successful in their leagues in the recent past and hence have an edge over their direct rivals when it comes to finances. Same is the case for Man U. We had a similar situation during the 80's but years of not winning much has dropped us down to tier 2 and we do not make the same money as United now.

We do need more money but that can come with being successful ON the pitch by being smarter in the transfer window like Spurs have. I could care less if FSG are in charge for that or not.

Last edited by mano_e_mano; 8th October 2017 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And they say itís the lowest form of wit...
    Yeah its almost as boring as your anti FSG craic.

Speaking of getting a decent keeper.. we need to raid Southampton again.. I think Forster looks good enough.Lets face it Mignolet is not up to it.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Sell sell sell! Current owner couldnít speeding like what top 3 clubs did, and there would be more and more rich owner come into the league, we r getting further behind. Few back only Chelsea and Man U could spent crazily, now Man City and more

And donít care whose money, China , Middle East or else. Itís not my money

Considering it will 27 yrs since the last time we were league champions I don't want to wait another 27 yrs ( that's when I get my telegram from Buckingham palace ) to see them do it again, so I am going to go for the money. This I believe is the longest spell in the clubs history without a league champions trophy. I can't see FSG providing the cash to give us a 70,000 plus ground, if they can make 10% per. yr. on their investment they will be quite happy, I reckon less than one in a hundred people would know who FSG are, we need a sugar daddy who is well known around the world who need a quality product ( us ) to project them in the sporting world.
    No disrespect to Chelsea and Man. City but in the old days they would be looked on as mutton dressed as lamb.

I guess times change and over the years we didn't change with it with respect to Chelsea and Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Speaking of getting a decent keeper.. we need to raid Southampton again.. I think Forster looks good enough.Lets face it Mignolet is not up to it.
    While i quite often support the Mig let's not get stupid altogether just how the fuck is Forster any upgrade on Mig.Unless i'm missing something, Southampton ain't lighting up the league last time i looked trading one middle of the road keeper for another middle of the road keeper does absolutely fuck all.Talk about grasping at straws,lol
    Last edited by fagin; 9th October 2017 at 03:26 AM.