Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Investment Talks

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    While i quite often support the Mig let's not get stupid altogether just how the fuck is Forster any upgrade on Mig.Unless i'm missing something, Southampton ain't lighting up the league last time i looked trading one middle of the road keeper for another middle of the road keeper does absolutely fuck all.Talk about grasping at straws,lol
    You support that crap that is mignolet because you have the brain the size of a peanut. And you can't really judge a player if the players around him are crap.. Souhampton in recent seasons have had a good defence. that's because they had a solid keeper and centre backs..
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah its almost as boring as your anti FSG craic.
    I would put it alongside your penchant for mediocrity...

Quote Originally Posted by mano_e_mano View Post
    You missed the point and please take your condescending tone elsewhere.

I am not pro or anti FSG. I want the team to be competitive but not by some sugar daddy bankrolling us but that's just my opinion.

You mention Barca, Real, Juve etc. They have been successful in their leagues in the recent past and hence have an edge over their direct rivals when it comes to finances. Same is the case for Man U. We had a similar situation during the 80's but years of not winning much has dropped us down to tier 2 and we do not make the same money as United now.

We do need more money but that can come with being successful ON the pitch by being smarter in the transfer window like Spurs have. I could care less if FSG are in charge for that or not.

Are you 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I would put it alongside your penchant for mediocrity...
    Yet your one man anti FSG crusade isnt at all boring or mediocre........oh hang on, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yet your one man anti FSG crusade isnt at all boring or mediocre........oh hang on, it is.
    Time of the month?

Are you 5?
    Your response is quite mature.

Your response is quite mature.
    Well I just don't see where you find my "tone" "condescending" in any way.. I am sorry if you take it that way but I can assure you it was not directed at you.

I thought I had grasped the point too.

My frustration lies purely in the inertia I believe this club is suffering from. Be it the finances of wealthy backers or the quality of scouting and recruitment.. My point is that I too, do NOT believe a sugar daddy is the only other option - as you quite rightly cited - Spurs have made great strides - often pipping us in the transfer market though - it must be said.

I am also peeved at the sheer number or our fans who seem unable to make the link between a consistently bad transfer policy - spread across 7 years and 3 different managers - and the people signing (or not signing) the cheques...

Well I just don't see where you find my "tone" "condescending" in any way.. I am sorry if you take it that way but I can assure you it was not directed at you.

I thought I had grasped the point too.

My frustration lies purely in the inertia I believe this club is suffering from. Be it the finances of wealthy backers or the quality of scouting and recruitment.. My point is that I too, do NOT believe a sugar daddy is the only other option - as you quite rightly cited - Spurs have made great strides - often pipping us in the transfer market though - it must be said.

I am also peeved at the sheer number or our fans who seem unable to make the link between a consistently bad transfer policy - spread across 7 years and 3 different managers - and the people signing (or not signing) the cheques...
    I wholeheartedly agree with you that our transfer policy has been pretty bad over the past 6-7 years. In particular after the season in which we finished second and Suarez left. We had the money we had the pull but we bought Balotelli.

I don't know if it bad scouting or Non-Football people at the helm but it needs to change. Not signing a center back this season was another blunder that might cost us.

As I said I don't care if the owners stay or go but there is definite need to fix things at the player recruitment department.

We do need more money but that can come with being successful ON the pitch by being smarter in the transfer window like Spurs have. I could care less if FSG are in charge for that or not.
    God. F**king. Damn it.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Mate, in C-137 - we've already won the league without any dubious investment. Everton and United have been relegated.

Oh for a portal gun!
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"