Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Investment Talks

Mate, in C-137 - we've already won the league without any dubious investment. Everton and United have been relegated.

Suarez and Torres formed the partnership we knew they could! Rafa and Klopp are joint managers.

Oh for a portal gun!
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    God. F**king. Damn it.

It was a typographic error mate. No need to bring the queen into it.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Mate, in C-137 - we've already won the league without any dubious investment. Everton and United have been relegated.

Suarez and Torres formed the partnership we knew they could! Rafa and Klopp are joint managers.

Oh for a portal gun!
    And Rafa didn't go for Barry to replace Alonso.

wubba lubba dub dub!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You support that crap that is mignolet because you have the brain the size of a peanut. And you can't really judge a player if the players around him are crap.. Souhampton in recent seasons have had a good defence. that's because they had a solid keeper and centre backs..
    Strange words from a self appointed forum football guru,do you actually read what you write ?

You start off by saying Mig is crap,then in your second sentence you claim you can't really judge a player if the players around him are

crap.Do tell me oh guru that the players around Mig are not crap, whether it be :

Moreno,Klaven,Lovren and more times than not Matip.

Check out your own words before making assertions of anyone else having a brain the size of a peanut.

Long long long overdue it maybe but still... The Echo FINALLY decides to expose FSG with cold hard numbers..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fsg-how-much-liverpools-owners-13739148

I think this should be rammed down the throat of anyone who is turning on Klopp...
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th October 2017 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Long long long overdue it maybe but still... The Echo FINALLY decides to expose FSG with cold hard numbers..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fsg-how-much-liverpools-owners-13739148

I think this should be rammed down the throat of anyone who is turning on Klopp...
    It is interesting how net spend has become a "yard stick". We do need to invest more in players. However, we aren't a club funded by rich oil families etc - the economics for them are different. We have spent marginally less then Arsenal, the deal for Oxlaide Chamberlain, probably makes that figure slightly skewed. Spurs?
    The others (with the exception of Utd) do not have the same financial model as us. In short we do have to sell to buy - however I don't think the owners wanted Suarez to go and similarly Sterling - we received big fees for both. We need more transfer funds but the net spend argument is flawed in my opinion.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

It basically ... do you want to keep with tradition of the club ( which has been slipping) or sell our souls for cash kings. One will keep us where we are now with anywhere between 4/7th and the other push us for titles and to be able to shop where we want and get who we want.
    It's a tough one for me... spent years hating the money invested in football from rich oil men but the game has changed. Fsg have done some decent things and lots of poor things and evening the horrible one of sacking kenny , but they will not take us where we want to go and that is to be competitive .

1 billion that's some price in fairness but remember one , yeah just one of our players is priced at over 150 mil , then add the bigger stadium etc etc. Will they get a buyer ... quite possible, but then we lose a bit of our identity ( with parts gone already )

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    It is interesting how net spend has become a "yard stick". We do need to invest more in players. However, we aren't a club funded by rich oil families etc - the economics for them are different. We have spent marginally less then Arsenal, the deal for Oxlaide Chamberlain, probably makes that figure slightly skewed. Spurs?
    The others (with the exception of Utd) do not have the same financial model as us. In short we do have to sell to buy - however I don't think the owners wanted Suarez to go and similarly Sterling - we received big fees for both. We need more transfer funds but the net spend argument is flawed in my opinion.
    The article mentions the reason that net spend has become the yard stick. There is a direct correlation between the amount a club spends and where they finish in the league. FSG saying they would "do whatever it takes to win", suggested they would compete financially, when they clearly haven't. That seems to be the sticking point for the likes of Steveo and he does have a valid point.

Sacking Kenny was far, far worse, than not spending 200m in a transfer window. I don't really have a problem with them running the club as a business, instead of a play thing. FSG have done some good and some bad during their ownership. Everyone gets to decide for themselves whether that makes them good owners or not.

The interesting thing that oil money has done for the PL, is stop Utd in their tracks. Without the money pumped in to City and Chelsea, Utd would be on 25 league titles by now. We might be on 19 of course. Again, decide for yourselves whether that's a good or bad thing.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    The article mentions the reason that net spend has become the yard stick. There is a direct correlation between the amount a club spends and where they finish in the league. FSG saying they would "do whatever it takes to win", suggested they would compete financially, when they clearly haven't. That seems to be the sticking point for the likes of Steveo and he does have a valid point.

Sacking Kenny was far, far worse, than not spending 200m in a transfer window. I don't really have a problem with them running the club as a business, instead of a play thing. FSG have done some good and some bad during their ownership. Everyone gets to decide for themselves whether that makes them good owners or not.

The interesting thing that oil money has done for the PL, is stop Utd in their tracks. Without the money pumped in to City and Chelsea, Utd would be on 25 league titles by now. We might be on 19 of course. Again, decide for yourselves whether that's a good or bad thing.
    Spot on that RC and I actually had a dream/nightmare back in the early 90's that those feckers would have 25 titles before we got to 19...True story!...

Its not a matter of keeping up with Chelsea or Mancity both teams have spent BILLIONS in players.Chelsea wouldn't exist now if it wasn't for their owner.. They would be completely bankrupt and be in 100s of millions of debt. Its a matter of keeping up with the other teams in the league..and most teams have spent more than us over the last 5 years when it comes to ins and outs.. In fact Klopp as been given nothing. He has to sell before he can buy.. It will be the exactly the same in January..He wil not be given enough funds to buy 3 players and we need at least 3.

mancity pay out 100 million for fullbacks.. our currant top signing is 40 million. I don't wanna compete with Mancity they are a joke of a club that have got this far by destroying the transfer market. Its not fair in a way.
    But to get the best use to be 20/25 million now its double or treble..
    The problem is with these owners..Klopp is being blamed for the mistakes Rodgers as made.. For instance. 20 million for Markovic..we will not sell him for less that we bought him for.. so we send him on loan so we don't pay most of his wages.. But hes an asset.and we have to get something back on him.. Klopp is not allowed to spend more than what we have right now..

This is the real reason we go for young players..they are cheaper and will get money back on sell ons.Our owners don't care about us winning anything they don't want to lose money. And in football you have to take a chance,Klopp in my opinion doesn't get the money he requires in Jan and we have a similar in the summer I would walk.. You can question klopps tactics which I do often..But you cant question the money hes been given. Hes been given absolutely nothing
    Leader of all..master of none..