Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Sevilla

Your team v Sevilla

Big game tomorrow, either team win and they qualify for the ko stages- as likely group Toppers too. A draw favours Sevilla marginally imo with Maribor to follow for them whereas Moscow are a tougher opponent. We're in a rich vein of form presently having managed to equal a 37 year old record of having recorded 4 consecutive victories by 3 or more goals.
    Klavan did the presser so surely starts tomorrow. Karius too.
    Maybe Klopp rotates one of the stars but I suspect he won't for this Game.

My guess at a Klopp team
    Karius
    Gomez Lovren Klavan Moreno
    Milner Can Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane

I'd like to see Taa RB and Gomez RCB with Gomez in mind for the weekend game at RB.

My team:
    Karius
    Taa Gomez Klavan Robertson
    Milner Can Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane

Bench: Migs Lovren Henderson Wijnaldum Lallana Oxtail Sturridge

Whoscored preview, predict a 1-2 away win. https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1238287/Preview/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2017-2018-Sevilla-Liverpool

3 points minimum

Liverpool:
    A thigh problem kept Joel Matip out of Liverpool's 3-0 win over Southampton at the weekend and he will miss out here as well.
    Adam Lallana is nearing a return to first-team football but hasn't featured at all this season and will be managed carefully.
    Sadio Mane has been dealing with a hamstring injury and may not be risked after starting against Southampton, which could benefit Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Dominic Solanke or Daniel Sturridge here.
    Joseph Gomez is expected to start at right-back after Trent Alexander-Arnold got the nod on Saturday, while Loris Karius will continue in goal.
    Emre Can and James Milner are also pushing for starts here.

Sevilla
    Daniel Carriço and Nico Pareja are sidelined, while Sergio Escudero is one booking away from suspension.
    Michael Krohn-Dehli and Guido Pizarro are vying for a starting role in central midfield against Liverpool.
    Simon Kjaer came off the bench at the weekend, which should see him return at centre-back against Liverpool at the expense of Johannes Geis.

Not sure if others are seeing a similar problem but i've checked all the games being televised for tuesday,wednesday and thursday games and Sevilla / Lfc are the only game that seem not to be televised.
    I'll check again tonight and i have just about every sports network to choose from so it don't really make much sense.
    Up to now: i see
    Spartak Moscow vs Nk Maribor
    Man City vs Feyenoord
    Monaco vs RB Liepzig
    Borussia Dortmund vs Spurs
    APOEL Fc vs Real Madrid these are tomorrows games i can get but no Lfc vs Sevilla.

Maybe it's just me whining,but i seem to remember another instance in the competition where the Lfc game was the one not televised.
    Last edited by fagin; 21st November 2017 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Not sure if others are seeing a similar problem but i've checked all the games being televised for tuesday,wednesday and thursday games and Sevilla / Lfc are the only game that seem not to be televised.
    I'll check again tonight and i have just about every sports network to choose from so it don't really make much sense.
    Up to now: i see
    Spartak Moscow vs Nk Maribor
    Man City vs Feyenoord
    Monaco vs RB Liepzig
    Borussia Dortmund vs Spurs
    APOEL Fc vs Real Madrid these are tomorrows games i can get but no Lfc vs Sevilla.

Maybe it's just me whining,but i seem to remember another instance in the competition where the Lfc game was the one not televised.
    BT Sport 2 - from 7pm in the UK.

http://sport.bt.com/football/champions-league/sevilla-v-liverpool-101364208153949

Bein EPL 3 or fox soccer match pass.
    Bein would be best that's were I watch most of my matches.

Sorry Bein 3 , Bein EPL 1.

I'd like to see an approach similar to that of the west ham game. Sit a bit deeper and hit them on the break

Karius
    TAA Gomez Lovren Moreno
    Henderson Milner
    Ox Coutinho
    Firmino Salah
    Last edited by reddownunder; 21st November 2017 at 11:51 AM.

Karius
    Gomez
    Lovren
    Klavan
    Moreno
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Henderson
    Lallana
    Salah
    Firmino
    Coutinho

Mignolet Alexander-Arnold Robertson
    Milner Can Mane Sturridge
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Gerrard's youngsters qualified with a 4-0 win. A similar scoreline from the seniors would be welcome.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Sevilla: Sergio Rico, Mercado, Geis, Lenglet, Escudero, Nzonzi, Banega, Pizarro, Sarabia, Ben Yedder, Nolito. Subs: Soria, Corchia, Krohn-Dehli, Correa, Jesus Navas, Muriel, Vazquez.
    Liverpool: Karius, Gomez, Lovren, Klavan, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Mane. Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Sturridge, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Can, Solanke, Alexander-Arnold.
    Referee: Felix Brych (Germany)

By the way I was looking at the tables and it looked to me that Spartak already played Mariboor and drew. So a draw would see us through. is that right? Or am I misunderstanding it?