Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man-Moan of the match v Sevilla away.

Man-Moan of the match v Sevilla away.

Great first half for me, Gomez the only one under pressure and he did well under pressure ! Second half the rest didn't do so well to say the least when under pressure. Poor decisions , poor reactions , no composure , leadership?

Man of the match between Bobby and Gomez for me. Bobby gets it with 2 goals & 1 assist , Gomez next best and Salah third.

Whoscored slam Henderson & Wiji with a 6.4/10 and Moreno a 6/10. Bit harsh on Wijnaldum imo that rating. Karius gets a 6.4 but as a keeper he is different. All other outfield players who started were significantly better.

Klavan/Lovren 7.2
    Mane 7.5
    Coutinho 7.6
    Gomez 7.7
    Salah 7.8
    Firmino 9.7

Moan of the match:
    1 Henderson !
    2 Moreno
    3 decision making/leadership/game management overall I'd have Coutinho and Mane tied here for poor incidents tbh ahead of Wiji.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1238287/Live/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2017-2018-Sevilla-Liverpool

Firmino, quite easily.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Gomez didn't look as comfortable as previous games. Got turned a few times today. Lovren had a better game.

Will go for Bobby too. All round good display

Apart from a half decent save, Karius continued to underwhelm. Thought Gomez did okay to be honest. Firmino man of the half though.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Spot the fuck on although this isn't a one off for Henderson.as one poster said he's a bigger problem than Lovren and that is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Apart from a half decent save, Karius continued to underwhelm. Thought Gomez did okay to be honest. Firmino man of the half though.
    Yet stats show Henderson had less touches than Karius and he's supposed to be the Captain (absolute shite)

Lovren 9/10
    Klavan 8/10
    Gomez 8/10
    Karius 8/10

These 4 individuals had a fantastic game, our defenders were superb, our defending as a team was poor

Firminho scored 2 but was culpable for losing the ball in the second half and not holding up play, he was very sloppy and in crucial parts of the field, he does flicks and tricks even though we are under pressure. Should hold the ball up force free kicks and help release pressure on the team. He Henderson and Moreno for me cost us the match.

Though Mo was quiet but Bobby man of the match. Henderson with 55% pass rate says it all. Moreno two steps back for him. Shame because it was shaping up to be a great away win. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Spot the fuck on although this isn't a one off for Henderson.as one poster said he's a bigger problem than Lovren and that is bad.
    Yeah as a 6 and captain he's been poor in all of our loses/poor defensive displays and rather anonymous. Watford, City , Spurs and Sevilla.
    As the most senior LFC player, England captain , his leadership is lacking.

We snotted Sevilla first half. Imo the showboating had started in that half in attack, with instances further back.

Second half we were under pressure from the off. No measures taken on the pitch from what I saw. Read a piece afterwards saying how there wasn't a Kuyt, Mascherano or a Carragher in sight last night. How any of those would have lead should be blindingly obvious imo.

The midfield 3 turned into ghosts, scared to scare and no pressure was applied on the ball. Sitting deep we failed to press the ball ! Daft as fook. Salah had the best second half imo of the front 3 for work.

Once that game went 3-1 our exit strategies were daft. They needed to score , we obliged , playing risky balls in defence when surrounded by opposition players.

It's all well and good playing :big football: looking to play on the front foot. But being able to shut up shop and see out a game will always be needed to get over the line over the course of a season.

As a team, we'd lost it, but played like we hadn't, no adapting or reaction.
    Our deep defense/bussing it left an almighty amount to be desired.
    Saw pajak on rmtv saying you'd think we'd know how to bus it having seen it so many time in games against us. We looked clueless in our shape, tackling, marking, decision making, exit strategy.

Away from home in Europe, with a mini prize at stake, it was far to easy.