Thread: Robinho gets nine years in jail for rape

Robinho gets nine years in jail for rape

Italian court sentences Robinho to nine years in jail for rape

An Italian court has sentenced the former Manchester City and Brazil forward Robinho in absentia to nine years in prison after convicting him of taking part in a gang rape of an Albanian woman in 2013.

A Milan court ruled that Robinho and five other Brazilians assaulted the woman, who was 22 at the time, after plying her with alcohol in a discotheque. The whereabouts of Robinho’s five companions is not known, so their trial has been put on hold.

Robinho, 33, who currently plays with Atlético Mineiro in Brazil, pleaded not guilty via his lawyer and did not appear at any of the court hearings in northern Italy.

“We would like to clarify that he has already defended himself against the accusations, affirming that he did not participate in the episode,” said a statement posted on Robinho’s Instagram feed. “All legal measures are being taken.”

Robinho has a right to two appeals and Italy would only seek extradition once this legal process is exhausted, a source said. However, Brazil does not allow for the extradition of its own citizens, meaning he would only risk arrest and deportation if he was stopped in a third country.

Robinho’s sentence will be put on hold until the appeals process is completed.

The Milan court ordered the victim receive 60,000 euros ($71,000) as compensation for her suffering.

Robinho has won 100 caps for Brazil, scoring 28 goals. He began his career at Santos, where he starred in a side that won the league in 2002 and 2004. His performances won him a move to Real Madrid in 2005 but he stayed only three years before moving to City in a British-record £32.5m transfer.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/23/robinho-nine-years-prison-rape-milan-court-manchester-city

I had no idea he was under investigation
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Personally I can never understand this reported mindset. It seems to me sometimes that some hetero men simply have an urge to abuse women when they're vulnerable. For me there's not much difference with the personal motivations between these and people who gang rape kids. Of course the victims are different ages. But it's the same scummy mindset, abuse and dominance.

I worked with people, where this happened to a woman on a night out after working at a gig, she was traumatized and didn't recover.

I don't understand what thrill people get off riding prostitutes either though. Paying someone for sex, which more often tends to be debasing or defiling. Then again I see that some Brits travelling to Prague are paying much more to have unprotected anal sex with known hiv/aids infected prostitutes. Can only think such idiots are intensionally taking massive risks and likely couldn't give a toss about spreading the disease if they contract it.

Similarly a documentary on Germanies mega brothels had a bird in it who was saying most of the women in the industry have been abused/raped in early childhood adolescence and are messed up. She seemed to be fine about it as a way of earning a big income, when asked about how many people she'd slept with she answered 16 romances/partners, the interviewer replied they'd meant as a sex worker. She took a moment and figured over 6000 different clients ,then was taken aback about it and a bit in shock.Then there are those who've had an even worse time in the industry bought and sold sex slaves.

Roughly speaking 13% of men frequent brothels regularly. Imo that's roughly the % of men who'd commit a rape without remorse.

Fucking hell, that came out of the blue! Heinous crime if true.

@CCTV - do you think those 13% who pay are the same 13% who'd rape, or is it just a coincidence?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Fucking hell, that came out of the blue! Heinous crime if true.

@CCTV - do you think those 13% who pay are the same 13% who'd rape, or is it just a coincidence?
    Roughly speaking 13% of men frequent brothels regularly. Imo that's roughly the % of men who'd commit a rape without remorse.

That's my opinion Bali, stats sets on rape cases are notoriously difficult to assess.
    What shows up imo can safely be said to be the tip of the iceberg. Much like child abuse/rape, and as seen in the rolling effects across both target demographics where after one person speaks up about an individual many others speak up about that individual and some others speak up about other individuals - but people tend not to want to be the first person to report. Applying some sensible assesments of this I'd suggest that for every woman/child who reports there's far more cases/victims.
    There are other women at risk issues where it's easier to get more reliable numbers. Partially less ashamed feelings play a part in those cases, say in domestic violence cases. Roughly speaking 1 in 4 or 5 will experience dmv. Similarly we can see it's far easier for a child/adult to speak up about physical abuse rather than sexual abuse.

My thoughts on the matter is that if you regularly frequent brothels , you believe you are entitled to sex at a cost and exploit (in some loose sense a willing but uninterested) woman for this advantage. It's rather similar to cases of rape like above where a number of guys take advantage of a woman when drunk.
    In my own experience on nights out I've seen a few scummy gits trying to walk a bird out of a pub and intervened, there was that girl I worked with though not present who had a very similar experience with work colleagues as the case in the op and working at the picnic I spotted two guys undressing an unconscious bird they'd walked off the path to the campsites into a wooded area but in sight from the path - they legged it and I got some civil defense folk to assist her.
    So while everyone is susceptible to poor conduct in given circumstances I'd say that roughly 1 in 8 would be likely to be rapists - who would be without remorse unless in front of a judge.
    There's many forms/degrees/differences but I'd put it to you, that if a man pulled a bird and she fell asleep before any sexual act was consented to , 1 in 8 blokes would just carry on while she's unconscious.
    Other cases would be statutory rape where age is not an issue for the perpetrator. A high profile case recently here was about a highly respected sports media journalist , who coached and mentored his own daughters camoige team. He groomed from the age of 14 her friend , sent 1000s of texts, and had sex with her on numerous occasions having worn down her initial resolve and refusal.
    Can't remember the sentencing exactly but pitiful to say the least and had character references. Which the judge considered and said of this paedophile " that he had further to fall due his (well paid) job and public image" or words very much to that effect.
    Our sentencing for sex crimes is ridiculous, and Ireland well Dublin is a notorious jaunt of paedophiles in europe as a result.

There are lot other cases that read similarly. Hence why women can't be arsed reporting as it's so very difficult usually to get a conviction and when it is got the sentencing is generally experienced as another trauma.

Think he got two years as memory serves, open to correction. Tom Humphreys his name.

Cheers for the exhaustive answer.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Bit of spare time this week , busy again at the weekend