Thread: K j t

K j t

Katterina Johnson-Thompson, a Liverpool lass, has slid down the field in the European Championships, from first to second.
    She's really good in a lot of her events - high jump, long jump, 100m hurdles - but struggles with throwing events.
    Her shot is poor and javelin very poor.
    I can't understand how such a good athlete is struggling. I believe with the right coaching she could improve tremendously on her weak events.
    She's likely to get a silver or bronze but I think she's capable of gold if only she had the right coaching in place.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

I saw the thread title and thought maybe North Korea had a new leader or something...

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Katterina Johnson-Thompson, a Liverpool lass, has slid down the field in the European Championships, from first to second.
    She's really good in a lot of her events - high jump, long jump, 100m hurdles - but struggles with throwing events.
    Her shot is poor and javelin very poor.
    I can't understand how such a good athlete is struggling. I believe with the right coaching she could improve tremendously on her weak events.
    She's likely to get a silver or bronze but I think she's capable of gold if only she had the right coaching in place.

She's changed coaches.....she's moved countries to train....but it's all a balancing act. Thiam is something of a freak of nature. Whilst not a great runner.....her throwing is way much better than KJT and if KJT improves her throwing then it is likely that her running or jumping isn't as successful. Yes her overall performance is increasing, yet her javelin and shot are always holding her back and where the others gain/extend points.