Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football

Scottish Football

Now, I don't follow Scottish football much but tonight's news that Celtic have sold Moussa Dembele to Lyon really caught my eye.
    Celtic have sold him for 19.5 million after paying 500,000 for him to join them. Good business? I'm not sure about that -
    I think I've read that Dembele is Celtic's highest scorer since he joined them. They don't seem to have a replacement.
    Celtic play Rangers at the weekend, Steven Gerrard must be licking his lips at the prospect.
    I hope the game's on BT Sport, it could be fascinating.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Think Celtic have slipped back a little bit. Rangers have stepped forward. Should be a close game, well closer than in previous years. I think Celtic are still favourites but am I right in thinking Rangers are unbeaten in all competitions under Gerrard?. The added spice of the two opposing managers as well.
    Ejaria seems to have come on a lot, I know it's early days, but I remember seeing him in preseason last year, and he looked like Patrick Viera. Then as many young players do, he kind of disappeared a bit. Maybe he is coming good.

The Scottish premiership is probably on a par with our championship in terms of quality, put them both in there and they'd struggle to get out of it, that's my take on it anyway.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Having followed a non old firm Scottish club for 20 years I have to say that the league has been in the wain over the last decade but there definitely appears to be a bit of a revival. I agree that Celtic have slipped back a bit due to complacency from the board and Rangers have come on since Gerard arrived.

Those two teams would spend a few years in the bottom 8 of the prem but would have the fan base to become top half teams given the chance. They won’t be given that chance.

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen can give both Auld Firm a run on any day. They are all championship standard teams but at the same time people like Lennon could create the perfect storm and really compete. Yet today they lost and Steve Clarke’s Killie, who done well last year, won away to Aberdeen.

Dundee, Hamilton and the like are League One standard.

As for tomorrow it’s hard to call. I’m going for a score draw although Rangers have a horrible recent history at Parkhead.
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

Can't see anything other than a home win today, But Stevie has got Rangers back on track and the supporters are definitely buying into his way .
    There could be as many red cards as goals.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Can't see anything other than a home win today, But Stevie has got Rangers back on track and the supporters are definitely buying into his way .
    There could be as many red cards as goals.
    You could be right Ian.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

1-0 to Celtic.

It's been a long time since Scottish football held any interest for me, but Gerrard taking his first steps into management, and Rangers having a couple of our boys on loan has made it a bit more worthy of my attention. Hopefully that arrangement carries on beyond just this season - if Rangers can get competitive with Celtic, and stay in European competitions then it's good for Stevens development as a manager, and good for any players we send up there after Ejaria and Kent.

Stevie's side up to 2nd in the table, Brendan a poor 6th place so far...

How long is the Scottish season? Do they play each other four times?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non