Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Mane is doing my nut.. How can he try an overhead there?? where is his brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Shaq on for salah at HT, mane has been useless too mind you
    Salah has been our most dangerous player. Are you for real.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Our decision making has been woeful.
    True. The flicks and tricks. Some one should just boot their laces through it and shoot.

We're not going to get anything out of this game unless, or until our front three get it together.

Salah is still struggling to find his shooting form and it's clear that it's affecting his head, his composure and his decision-making so far, with him taking poor or inadvisable shots just to try to get off the mark and get the monkey off his back, and also with not-so-great link-up play, positioning and general awareness.
    Mane is slow when he gets the ball, either over-thinking and trying to dribble too much (leading to the Chelsea defenders to close him down and dispossess him time and again, particularly when he has teammates waiting or in better position. And when he doesn't have the ball it's a general poor-awareness and getting caught offside or out of position or not opening himself up for a pass and getting into better positions for a pass.
    And with Firmino, while he is bringing his usual industry and graft, it's a little bit of the familiar story with him of trying a hollywood pass or one-too-many a dribble, losing the ball and then working his butt to track back and try to win it back.

And because (so far) we're posing so little threat to them up front, they're getting all the freedom and confidence to get their long passes forward to Willian and Harzard to attack and negating any influence by our mid-field.

The question now is will Klopp have the courage to sit one (or more) of them down and sub them after the half if this continues onto the second half?

I doubt it.

Salah has improved a little bit since I started this post; let's see if he can get something positive out of it.

The half is approaching and I hope Klopp gets in their faces about this.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I want to smack Salah in the fucking face. Relax lad. What the fuck is wrong with you??? Too many fancy flicks from everyone and it's really not needed against a good Chelsea side
    Reminds me of Arsenal... trying to walk the ball into the back of the net.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Salah has been our most dangerous player. Are you for real.
    Agree. He is the key. He had just not been sharp enough but no need to change up the front 3 yet.

Had we brought Fekir in, Iím pretty sure he would be playing today.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Reminds me of Arsenal... trying to walk the ball into the back of the net.
    Spot on that

We don't deserve to be losing at halftime.. anyway I expect Chelsea to dive left right and centre in the second half.
    Leader of all..master of none..

immaturity in front of goal is going to cost us this game and the league.

BIG BIG games like this you take your chances.

if you miss over and over again, and walk off with a silly grin on your face then you are not cut out to win the big trophies.