Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Contracts and Squad

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    The Ox is signed up until 2023. Good news indeed...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49442173
    Yep - hopefully the peak of his career is about to start in a red shirt. There is a very good player in there who just needs the right environment to get to the next level... Good news.

I'm not giving Mickey O his Owen thread, so I'll stick this here....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49561603
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

I honestly only wonder where he was in Instanbul…
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I honestly only wonder where he was in Instanbul…
    Have you not watched 15 minutes that shook the world? He was probably doing that.

Would've taken him back to be honest. Things might have been different in 2009. Who knows

https://youtu.be/PZmd1wU10xk

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Have you not watched 15 minutes that shook the world? He was probably doing that.

Would've taken him back to be honest. Things might have been different in 2009. Who knows

https://youtu.be/PZmd1wU10xk
    boss
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

James Pearce -

Also a bit of an update on Joel Matip’s situation. He signed a 4-year deal in 2016 but the club had the option to extend it by a further year which they have enacted. As a result he’s under contract until Summer 2021.

Super!

More like it hes been superb in the last 6/7 months
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Worth remembering he's still only 28. Good bit of business to extend the contract.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Going to be really interesting to monitor ins/outs over the next season or two as our squad is generally really good.

You can see potential "equations" like Midfielder in, Milner+Lallana out and Forward in, Shaqiri+Origi out in terms of trying to economically improving the squad, but it's tricky.

"Economically" not simply meaning cost-cutting either. When you consider how (relatively) few minutes that Shaqiri and Origi accumulate, you can see the "value" in giving those total minutes to a single, young, talented player.

Equally with Milner (getting older - I want him to stay - but understand the argument for him going) and Lallana (not playing enough to justify wages, has probably reached his "ceiling") there is probably a young player who could fill the minutes of both, with a higher ceiling, whilst making a saving on wages.

But even at that it really isn't an easy job if you want to improve the side long-term - you're talking getting Kai Havertz and Timo Werner or something like that.

Not said as transfer speculation - it simply highlights what a great job we've been doing of late - two Champion's League Finals on the spin and a Premier League challenge (most likely two on the spin as well in that department) will have done us wonders in terms of appeal to transfer targets.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Still want Bruno Fernandes, think he'd be a very good option for several positions and get a lot of games as a result, think we could sign him and let Lallana, Shaqiri and Origi go, think he'd also be a far better option for giving Bobby a rest than anyone in our current squad and could offer plenty at LFWD or RFWD to give Mane and Mo rests too as well as being a great option at LCM and RCM in certain games

I think that's exactly what we need too, a top top quality player who we won't have the issue of gametime with because their versatility means they can play so many positions, actually reduce the squad size, make room for a couple more of the youngsters on the bench and improve
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”