Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Contracts and Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Unfortunately looks like we're going to get a Sturridge and Moreno situation where certain types of players/personalities refuse to leave and just want to hang around and pick up wages they don't earn and know they won't get anything like if they move to heaven forbid, continue their careers as professional footballers at an appropriate level
    I don't hold that against them to be honest, I'd do the same thing myself. As far as those two are concerned, it's not like there's been a queue round the block of clubs wanting to take them off our books - so I don't really see what you would think the alternative was.

Voluntary redundancy doesn't tend to be a thing in football! :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    I don't hold that against them to be honest, I'd do the same thing myself. As far as those two are concerned, it's not like there's been a queue round the block of clubs wanting to take them off our books - so I don't really see what you would think the alternative was.

Voluntary redundancy doesn't tend to be a thing in football! :-P
    I guess it's the world we live in, if it were me, I'd want to go and play, as a footballer your career's very short. Still, their decision, i'm sure if they are surplus to requirements Jurgen will list them or loan them, I don't like the idea of players not doing what so many before them did and just wanting to hang on to the coat tails of an evolving side that's left them behind to pick up medals they've done nothing for, just don't want our recruitment and ability to move forward being held back by that, it's already created something of a problem of potential players thinking they might not get game time because players who desperately clung on and weren't a fit at all didn't
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Out Of Contract players Sturridge Moreno Randall Bogdan
    I would get rid of the following Mignolet Lovren Lallana Clyne Camacho Ings Karius Kent Chirivella Ejaria Kane Ojo
    Send both Grujic and Wilson out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Out Of Contract players Sturridge Moreno Randall Bogdan
    I would get rid of the following Mignolet Lovren Lallana Clyne Camacho Ings Karius Kent Chirivella Ejaria Kane Ojo
    Send both Grujic and Wilson out on loan.
    Lallana and Ojo are going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I guess it's the world we live in, if it were me, I'd want to go and play, as a footballer your career's very short. Still, their decision, i'm sure if they are surplus to requirements Jurgen will list them or loan them, I don't like the idea of players not doing what so many before them did and just wanting to hang on to the coat tails of an evolving side that's left them behind to pick up medals they've done nothing for, just don't want our recruitment and ability to move forward being held back by that, it's already created something of a problem of potential players thinking they might not get game time because players who desperately clung on and weren't a fit at all didn't
    Moreno and Lallana got themselves medals

Can you imagine Shanks, Fagan, Moran... saying "right if youve deserved one , take it" putting a box full of medals in the changing room

Lallana should look for a new club.

Perhaps a bench warmer, which he will accept tbh
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Alisson

TAA Gomez VVD Robertson

Oxlade Fabinho Keita

Salah Firmino Salah

GK
    Henderson
    Milner
    Matip
    Shaqiri
    Origi
    Brewster

Lovren Lallana

20 players

Plus the other youngsters

Not much needed really

Be interesting to see if we negotiate terms with Divock, or merely let him see out his contract out of respect for the player.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Be interesting to see if we negotiate terms with Divock, or merely let him see out his contract out of respect for the player.
    If Origi gets to Christmas having played a few more games and bags a few, I can see him resigning.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If Origi gets to Christmas having played a few more games and bags a few, I can see him resigning.
    re-signing, as in signing again?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Alisson

TAA Gomez VVD Robertson

Oxlade Fabinho Keita

Salah Firmino Salah

GK
    Henderson
    Milner
    Matip
    Shaqiri
    Origi
    Brewster

Lovren Lallana

20 players

Plus the other youngsters

Not much needed really
    Not for me, Henderson's essential, helps get the very best out of Trent and Fabinho, not enough defensive quality and awareness from Ox for his to be starting on the right, that's why I'm so keen on Fernandes, better player to have if Hendo needs a rest or has a suspension of knock, who can also play up to 6 positions in our set up, Trent's improved defensively, but still needs that help and if it's not there then that affects Fabinho too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”