Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Contracts and Squad

Allisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Keita

Salah Firmino Mane

Easily our best 11 right now, Matip's well ahead of Gomez for me, moved up several levels towards the end of the season, outshone Big Virgil in a few games, far better awareness than Gomez, nicking the ball off players feet and making interceptions where Joe would have been having to slide in, big difference
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

There’s an argument to slot Ox in there ahead of Keita at this stage, if both fully fit.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    There’s an argument to slot Ox in there ahead of Keita at this stage, if both fully fit.
    I think that LCM slot will largely be occupied by Keita or Ox, we don't know how Ox will be yet, he was effective without being brilliant in his first season, the team have moved on A LOT last season when he wasn't playing, so he has it all to prove again imo

Not sure where Wij is fitting in at the moment, RCM remains an issue for me, because we struggled with counters down that side all season until Hendo moved there and that move also brought the very best out of Fabinho, at the moment it'd be Milner playing there for me if Hendo needed a rest or was unavailable for any reason, all our other players lack the defensive awareness, know how and responsibility to play there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think that LCM slot will largely be occupied by Keita or Ox, we don't know how Ox will be yet, he was effective without being brilliant in his first season, the team have moved on A LOT last season when he wasn't playing, so he has it all to prove again imo

Not sure where Wij is fitting in at the moment, RCM remains an issue for me, because we struggled with counters down that side all season until Hendo moved there and that move also brought the very best out of Fabinho, at the moment it'd be Milner playing there for me if Hendo needed a rest or was unavailable for any reason, all our other players lack the defensive awareness, know how and responsibility to play there for me
    Wijnaldum is fitting in instead of Keita imo. Been far more consistent than him over the games played. If Keita wants more game time next season he will have to prove himself by showing the consistency he had at Liepzig. That's why we bought him.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Keita didn’t look anything like his hype had suggested last season. Looked a bit lightweight at times and his constant niggling injuries made him look as though he could be a touch fragile for the rough and tumble of the Prem. Huge season coming up for him.

Keita didn’t look anything like his hype had suggested last season. Looked a bit lightweight at times and his constant niggling injuries made him look as though he could be a touch fragile for the rough and tumble of the Prem. Huge season coming up for him.
    Indeed Miller.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Keita didn’t look anything like his hype had suggested last season. Looked a bit lightweight at times and his constant niggling injuries made him look as though he could be a touch fragile for the rough and tumble of the Prem. Huge season coming up from him.
    There it is

To be fair, Ox’s injury record isn’t great either, he could really do with an injury free season himself.

Give him a break, he started to look like he was the player we all thought he was towards the end of the season. Some players take a bit of time to bed in, Jurgen knows best, we've seen in the recent past that Jurgen likes to bed his new signings in.

Don’t need to give him a break. He didn’t show much at all last season, he’s not a kid coming through. Every other outfield player Klopp has brought in, has managed to show his worth in his first season. If his second season pans out like his first we’ll be in Aquilani Territory.