Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mane signs new contract

Mane signs new contract

He's apparently signed a new contract until 2023 according to twitter. Awesome news.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Just seen this aswell. Bloody brilliant news as he's been a brilliant signing and a big part of our attack.

Yes indeed.. I was beginning to wonder If he might have his head turned. Excellent news this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes indeed.. I was beginning to wonder If he might have his head turned. Excellent news this.
    Ditto. There were rumours of Barca and Bayern being after him.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Klopp said there’s not a team in Europe that wouldn’t want him. Can’t argue with that... great player, fantastic pro. Brilliant news.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

btw... I heard on the news yesterday that as part of the Coutinho deal (I think) it was agreed that if Barcelona want a Liverpool player in the future they will have to pay 89 million above what the otherwise agreed transfer fee is. this is to stop Barca turning the heads of Spanish and Brasilian players in our squad. It is enforced until 20 or 21 I think. I heard this on the BBC but only once, and I haven't seen it written anywhere in the press. Love it if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Klopp said there’s not a team in Europe that wouldn’t want him. Can’t argue with that... great player, fantastic pro. Brilliant news.
    Klopp's absolutely right on that count.

Fantastic news for us and Sadio

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    btw... I heard on the news yesterday that as part of the Coutinho deal (I think) it was agreed that if Barcelona want a Liverpool player in the future they will have to pay 89 million above what the otherwise agreed transfer fee is. this is to stop Barca turning the heads of Spanish and Brasilian players in our squad. It is enforced until 20 or 21 I think. I heard this on the BBC but only once, and I haven't seen it written anywhere in the press. Love it if it's true.
    I read that too, seems like a sensible approach by us really. Personally, I would make a point of asking any incoming player what teams they admire, who they supported growing up, which players they looked up to etc - if Barcelona, or any Barcelona players are mentioned in the answers then I'd be inserting a Barcelona-specific, ridiculously high, release clause in their contract from now until the end of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    I read that too, seems like a sensible approach by us really. Personally, I would make a point of asking any incoming player what teams they admire, who they supported growing up, which players they looked up to etc - if Barcelona, or any Barcelona players are mentioned in the answers then I'd be inserting a Barcelona-specific, ridiculously high, release clause in their contract from now until the end of time!
    Think none of that matters unfortunately. When Barca come calling the appeal of winning a bunch of stuff, playing with Messi, having only five or six actually tough games in a year, paying smaller taxes, automatically being the ref's darling pretty much every game and playing in country where summer isn't described as "that one warm Wednesday mid August" combine for an irresistible offer more often than not.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I heard they want Mignolet in August. 89million ?