Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Firmino Thread

Another Firmino Thread

Klopp said :

"Because of the small things he's doing, he's working so hard, he's here, he's there, he's got six goals but he opens 5,000 gaps for everybody.

"It's about how you see it. He will never come to me and say 'because people are writing something is missing, could I play my old position again?'

"He's doing the job - that makes him so unbelievably valuable for us. I'm really happy for him.

"It's just about what we have to do in the right moment - we have to find a system where we can bring our quality on the pitch, and on Saturday we did it."

So, for those who criticizing him not score enough goals, think again.

Very good against Bournemouth.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Does he get 3 assists today ?

His 2nd last night had shades of John Barnes scoring when he run from the half way line, back in 88.
    Just the way he beat the defenders.

Also from the offal today:

“Bobby Firmino played an outstanding season so far,” the manager told Liverpoolfc.com.

“If I talk to people, it’s like: ‘Bobby, eh, if it would click for him…’ [But] the different system we play is possible because he plays how he plays, because he is everywhere. He is a link-up player.

“If you find a throw-in we had in the last half a year where he is not involved to get the ball or at least open up a gap, it would be a surprise for me.

“Now obviously he scores three goals and everybody sees again: ‘Ah, yes, and he scores on top.’

“His attitude as a team worker gives us so much. If he scores, outstanding and I’m really happy; if he’s not scoring, no problem, he still plays really well in nine out of 10 games.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/332278-jurgen-klopp-roberto-firmino-liverpool

I’m starting to think that Klopp knows more about football than I do. Never thought I’d say that
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I am always amazed at the slagging off Bobby gets on here sometimes. Makes you wonder how much people actually understand the finer points of the game.

Klopp -
    "Salah is brilliant, but not everyday. Mane is brilliant, but not every day. Firmino is brilliant every day."

“I was a midfielder, though for a while I even played as a central defender.

“But whenever I got the ball, I would start to dribble and to nutmeg people and join the attack. So every year I evolved a little bit further forward up the pitch.

“Once I got to the U17s, I became a No. 10, which was the position I held up until recently—when I established myself as a centre-forward.

“It was Klopp’s idea to fix me as a No. 9. But I accepted this role and adapted to it.

“Now I want to continue in this position until the end of my career.”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    “I was a midfielder, though for a while I even played as a central defender.

“But whenever I got the ball, I would start to dribble and to nutmeg people and join the attack. So every year I evolved a little bit further forward up the pitch.

“Once I got to the U17s, I became a No. 10, which was the position I held up until recently—when I established myself as a centre-forward.

“It was Klopp’s idea to fix me as a No. 9. But I accepted this role and adapted to it.

“Now I want to continue in this position until the end of my career.”
    Firmino
    Shaqiri Mane Salah

Mane at ten with his work rate off the ball pretty much is as good as having a midfield 3 with dms imo.

I thought you wanted Mané no9 and Firmino 10.