Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Usual drill - brief summary v Burnley?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,139
    Keita’s best game in the shirt, was great to see what we haven’t seen much of from him yet. Lots of energy and movement. Thought Milner worked hard and was rewarded with a smart placement on target for his goal. First half was typical of the lack of scoring funk we have been in a bit lately. Second half was just wearing them down with better players and good subs in the 65th minute instead of late. Burnley played us tough and aggressive though, ref let a lot of nasty challenges go that helped their cause.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    12,979
    Klopp's thoughts post match
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hZFe3_43Sw

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    3,690
    We all like to have a good old moan on the match thread, but somehow, it helps to ease the tension: even if we proved wrong at the end of the game. Tonight was a classic example. We were all giving Klopp plenty of stick, but he got it right in the end, to the credit of him and the squad.

    By the way, is James Milner the best free transfer ever?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    We all like to have a good old moan on the match thread, but somehow, it helps to ease the tension: even if we proved wrong at the end of the game. Tonight was a classic example. We were all giving Klopp plenty of stick, but he got it right in the end, to the credit of him and the squad.

    By the way, is James Milner the best free transfer ever?
    That got me thinking, there's a few that are up there with him;

    Andrea Pirlo: AC Milan - Juventus
    Michael Ballack: Bayern Munich - Chelsea
    Sol Campbell: Tottenham - Arsenal
    Robert Lewandowski: Dortmund - Bayern
    Steve McManaman: Us - Real Madrid

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    We all like to have a good old moan on the match thread, but somehow, it helps to ease the tension: even if we proved wrong at the end of the game. Tonight was a classic example. We were all giving Klopp plenty of stick, but he got it right in the end, to the credit of him and the squad.
    The match threads do get a bit negative, partly because this season we've rarely scored in the first half so tension builds.

    I get the general feeling that we are shite but somehow up there (record points haul from first 15 games ever)

    Is anyone actually enjoying this season yet?(!)

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dm
    Posts
    12,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    That got me thinking, there's a few that are up there with him;

    Andrea Pirlo: AC Milan - Juventus
    Michael Ballack: Bayern Munich - Chelsea
    Sol Campbell: Tottenham - Arsenal
    Robert Lewandowski: Dortmund - Bayern
    Steve McManaman: Us - Real Madrid
    Isn't McManaman "the original" free transfer?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Isn't McManaman "the original" free transfer?
    Think that was a Mr Bosman.

    McManaman was probably our first one i think?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dm
    Posts
    12,580
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Think that was a Mr Bosman.

    McManaman was probably our first one i think?
    Ah, think that might be why I remember him as being the first one.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    2,164
    Michael Owen went on a free to Real, didn't he? And therefore missed Istanbul.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dm
    Posts
    12,580
    Didn't he move for something like 15m and they wanted 30 to sell him back? I vaguely remember something along those lines.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Similar Threads

  1. Usual drill? Brief game summary.
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 8th April 2017, 11:44 PM
  2. Brief summary of the Swansea game? Usual drill.
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 22nd January 2017, 01:43 PM
  3. Brief summary? Usual drill.
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29th November 2016, 12:07 PM
  4. Usual drill to the usual suspects, brief summary?
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19th February 2016, 01:03 AM
  5. Usual brief summary? Missed QPR.
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2nd May 2015, 07:23 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •