Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to get excited?

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    It's official, we are not getting relegated this season.
    Phew

I’m starting to accept that we’re going to win the league, and moving on to wanting to go unbeaten for the season.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

15 straight wins now which is the third highest in premier league history. Second was 17 by us earlier in the season!

Holy shit we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    15 straight wins now which is the third highest in premier league history. Second was 17 by us earlier in the season!

Holy shit we're good.
    If it wasn't for the VAR stitch up at Old Toilet we'd be on a run of 33 consecutive Premier League wins right now
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Is it wrong to get excited?

It depends how you get excited and where, for instance, the swimming pool can be a hugely inappropriate place to get excited, it can be very wrong to get excited when you're on a packed train and the jolting is making your crotch continually bash against the young lady's standing in front of you Edit: It is of course perfectly acceptable to get excited in the train scenario if your crotch is continually bashing against the young lady's arse
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 29th January 2020 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Is it wrong to get excited?

It depends how you get excited and where, for instance, the swimming pool can be a hugely inappropriate place to get excited, it can be very wrong to get excited when you're on a packed train and the jolting is making your crotch continually bash against the young lady's standing in front of you Edit: It is of course perfectly acceptable to get excited in the train scenario if your crotch is continually bashing against the young lady's arse
    Bummer!
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Bumm er!
    Fixed

I'm excited to see our lads play every single game, they keep raising the bar and working hard to improve, develop and evolve, I'm always really excited to see them keep trying to raise the bar in each next game, people have been saying some daft stuff in various sources about motivation after the West Ham win, but this squad of players relish each next challenge, taking on each next opponent looking to get the win and another vital 3 points or booking their place in the next round of a competition and trying to be even better each time they take to the field again. They are all highly motivated to keep pushing the bar and raising it and raising it and raising it to make the very best of their careers and be the very best players they can be for the team, for themselves and for the millions of people all around the world who they play for and represent every single time they pull on the shirt.

Raising the bar is highly addictive, it never gets tired, it never gets old, it never lacks enthusiasm, hunger, desire or motivation, it is pure unadulterated joy, our lads work really fucking hard and the enjoyment they get from displaying what all that hard work brings from putting it into brilliant team and individual performances on the pitch in every game can only drive them forward to become even better.

“My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Had Napoleon had that idea he would have conquered the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in.”

“No football club is ever successful without hard work. If everyone thinks along these lines and does the small jobs to the best of their ability, then the world will be better.”

“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

“It’s the greatest thing in the world, natural enthusiasm. You’re nothing without it.”

“For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting the other side.”

“I’ve drummed it into our players time and again that they are privileged to play for you.”

My mind occasionally drifts to next season when reflecting on a season past.

Remember in 08/09 when we felt we were a Machine? We only lost 2 games in the League in the whole season. In 09/10 we lost 2 of our first.....was it five (?) games. I am sure the players felt it too, but to me the psychology of already "failing" as often as we had the season prior really took all the wind out of our sails early doors.

Come next season it would be really lovely to win the first 5 games or so in a row - I would hate a loss early on that takes any percentage of motivation (or self-belief more likely) away from our lads.

Not something to "worry" about whatsoever, just conscious that so many pundits and fans have said that retaining things as the victor (rather than striving for them as the hungry side who hasn't won a specific competition for a while) is so difficult.

Don't want to see a drop in performance or mentality. Can obviously accept a lower points total than what we'll achieve this season, but it would be a sin of our lads "got the deck chair out" - though thankfully I think we're more than strong enough mentally to prevent that happening.

I don't see a single member of this squad or any of the players likely to arrive in the summer doing anything other than continue to work incredibly hard to improve, learn, develop and evolve, keep putting all their focus on each next game, winning it, getting another vital 3 points or progression to the next round of a competition and continually striving to get even better.

When you win titles or trophies in any sport the very best know full well that every single opponent they face is going to be even more motivated and determined to try and beat them, so they have to work even harder to stay at the very top and continue doing the things and trying to do them better that got them where they are

One might have the potential to get somewhat over excited if this was the ref