Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16565960616263646566

Thread: January?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    That's fair enough.
    They're playing at a world class level, but not long enough for you to get the world class status.
    Troy Deeney could play at world class level for a couple of games too.

For me a big chunk of world class would have to be putting in those type of performances time and time again over a couple of seasons.

Trent is nowhere near consistent enough to be labeled world class and at his age and experience that's fair enough. Robbo, who is far more consistent isn't there yet either. Both have the potential to be though.

Alisson, Virgil and Mo are the only ones I'd say are there now.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

@ Bali
    Riveting stuff...

World Class is permanent, World Form is temporary.

Salvatore ( Toto ) Schillaci

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @ Bali
    Riveting stuff...
    Hey, I'm a world class poster - need to keep up my form over multiple seasons.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Hey, I'm a world class poster - need to keep up my form over multiple seasons.
    But out of my price range sadly.. unattainable..

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Troy Deeney could play at world class level for a couple of games too.

For me a big chunk of world class would have to be putting in those type of performances time and time again over a couple of seasons.

Trent is nowhere near consistent enough to be labeled world class and at his age and experience that's fair enough. Robbo, who is far more consistent isn't there yet either. Both have the potential to be though.

Alisson, Virgil and Mo are the only ones I'd say are there now.
    I wouldn't expect Troy to get a game at the top clubs in Europe. Think our starting back 5 would presently, so for me that's the difference there.
    Trent & Robbo have played in arguably the meanest defense in the pl over the last year and a half. Both provide plenty of assists, key passes, tackles & intercepts. Anyone can have a few blinders, a year and a half though of largely top performances is a bit different.

Can accept yere views. I'd have guessed Mo & Virgil would be on everyone's list.
    Last edited by CCTV; 6th March 2019 at 02:06 PM.

"Steve McManaman, Michael Owen, Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano and Luis Suarez have all left Liverpool at the peak of their careers to join the La Liga heavyweights over the past 20 years or so.

It's a talent drain that has hit the Reds hard each time; effective replacements for some of the brightest talents in world football were not always easy to source."

Barcelona have to stump up 89m + transfer fee (+1) for any Liverpool player. Does that include Moreno?

Real Madrid, got no cash!

On Coutinho it's 118.5m for now.

Suarez 65m was daylight robbery for a vampire.