Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: January?

Reports are that Klopp himself might be the one who put a kibosh to any plans for signing or any interest in it, and that he might not sign anyone at all this transfer window.
    Other outlets are reporting that it might be because the club seems to be renewing interest in Nabil Fekir, but not for this transfer window but rather for the summer.

In either case, I trust in Klopp's decision and instincts, and after the last two transfer windows and the MASSIVE impact those two buys (Vvd and Allisson) have brought to the club (in fact I would say three if we could throw in Fabinho as well, who finaly seems to be coming good), I don't think anyone should doubt him or second guess his decision-making in the transfer market.

This is part of the reason I didn't trust the initial reports that we were close to signing Pulisic (aside from the fact that the common source for all of them were that rag).
    I'm reading that he's falling down the pecking order at Dortmund and has barely started that many games this season - his contract stance and refusal to sign an extension no doubt playing a role - so while it may have been nice to have someone that young to build a future for the club around, (and no doubt FSG would have loved a big American and named talent fronting the club), there's no point in adding players if they don't fit into Klopp's overall plan and style and way of playing.

I would still love some cover for the front three - despite their lack of clicking so far in the season.
    We're just starting to get to the stage where an injury or two could massively derail any run in either the league or the CL, and that's a massive concern (for me anyway) given our bench options up front.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

Not in January, but in the summer if (when) Huddersfield get relegated, we should get in a bid for Billings. He would be cheap probably and think he would be a great squad player for us. Very talented boy with a wide skill set. technically excellent. (He has also got a Rory Delapesque throw, which would please our throw in coaches no end).
    Think he could be the kind of signing Robertson was when Hull went down (different position obviously, Billings plays box to box midfield, or a kind of 10)

Looks like Pulisic is probably headed to Chelsea.. So moving on.. It also seems Solanke is headed on loan to Crystal Palace. Just wondering if we have enough forwards in case of injuries?? And theres still that betting probe hanging over Sturridge..
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Looks like Pulisic is probably headed to Chelsea.. So moving on.. It also seems Solanke is headed on loan to Crystal Palace. Just wondering if we have enough forwards in case of injuries?? And theres still that betting probe hanging over Sturridge..
    Solanke has reportedly had a medical at Palace already. Rumours of Sturridge leaving, his betting case delayed til Feb, Origi? Woodburn (injured) to return? if Sturridge or Origi leave then I'd expect someone is coming in...

No way Solanke and Sturridge will be leaving in Jan, unless someoneís coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    No way Solanke and Sturridge will be leaving in Jan, unless someoneís coming in.
    Harry Wilson or a new signing like Fekir ?

I know we're top of the league and doing well, but don't you think this is a perfect time for us to actually bring in someone, like another quality attacker?

Imagine if our title-run goes out the window due to 1 or 2 injuries to attackers, now that would be pretty shit.

That Timo Werner don't look too bad, eh?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I know we're top of the league and doing well, but don't you think this is a perfect time for us to actually bring in someone, like another quality attacker?

Imagine if our title-run goes out the window due to 1 or 2 injuries to attackers, now that would be pretty shit.
    Thatís exactly my thinking. Now is the time to capitalise on our position. Not sure who to go for mind. It looks like Pulisic is definitely going to Chelsea which is a shame. I really like Harry Wilson but donít think heís ready for us just yet. That said, Iíd personally rather him than Origi.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    No way Solanke and Sturridge will be leaving in Jan, unless someone’s coming in.
    Think Solanke's loan move to palace has been pretty well documented in a lot of places.
    Maybe someone is ready to step up from the youth team.
    Is Sturridge unsettled? I thought he was now kind of resigned to staying at Liverpool or dropping down to a much inferior club where he would not even be guaranteed more games, because of his injuries issues.
    You'd think he would want to stay and see this season through, with the potential it promises.