Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast

Thread: January?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    It's not the first time we've lost out on a transfer target to Chelsea (assuming we were even bidding for him in the first place), only for him to end up there and have it not work out like he thought it would.

Luckily for that last guy we went for (who ended up there), he somehow found his way back to Liverpool and ended up being a record goal-scorer of the season falling just shy of breaking Ian Rush's club record.

I think he went by the name Salah or something......

Pulisic may yet end up regretting choosing Chelsea over us (whether it was his decision specifically, or it just turned out that way when we wouldn't match Chelsea's price), and he may not be so lucky to get another chance to get here if things don't work out at Chelsea, like Salah was able to get.
    In all fairness to Pulisic, it probably makes more sense for him to go to Chelsea at the moment than it does to go to Liverpool. He has much more chance of starting in their front three than in ours, and with Hazards future beyond the summer in doubt - he could be the main man there next season.

The little I have seen from Pulisic doesn't lead me to believe that we're actually missing out on very much really, certainly not enough to shove Mané, Firmino or Salah out of the way. For me it would be a case of spending a shitload of money, and in six months time we'll have Harry Wilson coming back who by then should be more than able to cover the role that Pulisic would.

Ryan Kent looked the business the other day against Celtic. I think he has huge potential

Christian Pulisic: Chelsea sign Borussia Dortmund attacker for £58m

Quote Originally Posted by fayyazms View Post
    Christian Pulisic: Chelsea sign Borussia Dortmund attacker for £58m
    It mentioned last week they were favourites to get him. I wonder how much Klopp was interested in getting him.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Apparently Aaron Ramsey will see out his contract with Arsenal this transfer window. Could see him coming here on a free in the summer.
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

I don't know about Klopp, but i can imagine the owners wanted him - he would have been a big commercial help in the USA.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

15 goals in 114 club games at career level.

Would he massively improve us right now? Most likely not. No doubt he'll become a good player but we've an excellent side currently and when we can do business like the Shaqiri deal it's hard to justify nearly £60m on a player Dortmund aren't utilising much just now - he's costing Chelsea the larger part of the combined fees of Salah and Mane! If Hazard leaves this Summer they'll be needing players to hit the ground running.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Apparently Aaron Ramsey will see out his contract with Arsenal this transfer window. Could see him coming here on a free in the summer.
    Juventus said to want him.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They do like themselves a free transfer don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. However with the opportunities that Ox got when he came, as well as not being so much of an upheaval, it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed in this country, otherwise why not sign the contract with them this month?
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.