Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656 ... LastLast

Thread: January?

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. However with the opportunities that Ox got when he came, as well as not being so much of an upheaval, it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed in this country, otherwise why not sign the contract with them this month?
    Can didn't sign for them until super late either. They're just stingy I recon.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. However with the opportunities that Ox got when he came, as well as not being so much of an upheaval, it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed in this country, otherwise why not sign the contract with them this month?
    Ramsey's going to attract a lot of attention from abroad with suitors from Spain, Italy and Germany.
    So unless he categorically states that the wants to stay in England and continue in the Premier League I wouldn't put much stock into us getting him.

Ox was pretty categorical about not just wanting to stay in England but wanting to play for Klopp, so it's kind of different in that respect.

Maybe Ramsey does too, but until that's made clear from his camp, I would expect some bidding or competition for him from the big boys in Spain, Italy and possibly Germany and Klopp doesn't seem the type to want to get into a bidding war for someone who's position we don't desperately need to address.

As we've seen in the past two windows with van Dijk and Allisson, when Klopp really wants to get someone and for a position we really need to fix, the club goes all in, quickly and hard.

Right now I would say the biggest positions that need addressing in our squad (though not as much as goalkeeping and the defense last year) are filling in that attacking midfielder role that was vacated by Coutinho/Can and never fully plugged - especially with Ox's injury - and also some cover for the front three and the Fullbacks.

It wouldn't surprise me if we came out of this transfer window with either one of Werner or Rabiot, and an all-utility defender who can cover either the fullback or centerback positions.

.....or if Klopp stood pat and did nothing at all, if there was nothing in the market to his liking.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 2nd January 2019 at 11:47 AM.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

Werner or Rabiot would be massive. Both quality players, both quite a bit of experience, both young, both extremely promising.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    15 goals in 114 club games at career level.

Would he massively improve us right now? Most likely not. No doubt he'll become a good player but we've an excellent side currently and when we can do business like the Shaqiri deal it's hard to justify nearly 60m on a player Dortmund aren't utilising much just now - he's costing Chelsea the larger part of the combined fees of Salah and Mane! If Hazard leaves this Summer they'll be needing players to hit the ground running.
    Harzard is almost certainly gone this summer if I had to put money on it - especially if one of the big clubs in Spain or a Juventus or Bayern come knocking for his services.
    Hudson-Odoi will also most likely leave and Morata who was once supposed to be their frontman of the future is not all that settled and could also be looking towards the exit.
    Wilian's also out of contract next season and not looking to extend so the club could try and capitalise on the situation and get something for him from the transfer market before that.

It all depends on how Chelsea finish out this season. I guess Champion's League places look like a sure bet for them given Arsenal's frailties - but Manure's Ole resurgence could throw a spanner in the works and with a late season tumble,....well, anything's possible.

Pulisic could potentially find himself in the middle of a massive rebuilding project from the ground up, which is not what I imagine he envisioned he would be going to if he was leaving the (potential) Bundesliga champions.

To be fair to him, Bayern will rebuild massively in the summer, making a second title in a row highly unlikely. Not only that, but he gets to keep playing for BVB until then.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

If titles are what he's interested in then why is he joining a Chelsea team that could potentially be without Harzard, Wilian, Hudson-Odoi and Morata this time next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    If titles are what he's interested in then why is he joining a Chelsea team that could potentially be without Harzard, Wilian, Hudson-Odoi and Morata this time next year?
    I don't think it necessarily is - he'll probably make twice the money at Chelsea than he does at the BVB. What they had to offer him was a real title shot + a settled squad. He'll get his title and while Chelsea's squad is less settled, he'll get more cash and have the opportunity to make himself the main man in Hazard's absence.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Can't see us doing much on incomings this month, not bothered about missing out on Pulisic and we were never going to spend 60m on a squad player.

The summer will be interesting as we'll probably (should) be going after someone good enough to challenge/displace one of the front 3.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Can't see us doing much on incomings this month, not bothered about missing out on Pulisic and we were never going to spend 60m on a squad player.

The summer will be interesting as we'll probably (should) be going after someone good enough to challenge/displace one of the front 3.
    I can only see us needing a attacker or 2

Unless he wants to replace Lovren/matip/Clyne/Moreno

Maybe a young midfielder?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    That's what I find odd. You'd think they would keep Hudson-Odoi who by all accounts is a fantastic young player. Or is Pulusic the real deal and go straight into their starting XI?