Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now


Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 659

Thread: January?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    City of Self Doubt
    Posts
    14,552
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    That's what I find odd. You'd think they would keep Hudson-Odoi who by all accounts is a fantastic young player. Or is Pulusic the real deal and go straight into their starting XI?
    I doubt even they could a afford a 60m bench warmer. That said, Morata…
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,242
    I think Pulisic is seen not only as a pretty good player, but also his commercial value in the American market place. how many USA players are there even in the premier league. I think that was a partial reason as to why our owners at one stage seemed as excited about a possible deal with him.
    Chelsea will probably finish top four, but there is a chance they might end up in Europa league next year. I think for players, Champions League is the most enticing attractive prospect which swings their decision about where they might go. Also living in London is seen as a big deal.
    Personally I hate London as a place to live (then again I am not a millionaire, but lived there for two years and found it miserable).
    If you move to the north west both Liverpool and manchester are pretty good places to enjoy a good life

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    5,083
    Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    If you move to the north west both Liverpool and manchester are pretty good places to enjoy a good life
    Try telling that to Alberto Moreno, the ungrateful little shit.

    I really donít see us signing anyone in this window, unless itís to join in the summer. As has been said elsewhere, weíre not short of potential talent (Wilson, Kent, etc) and we have the Ox to come back. Klopp loves team spirit too much to disrupt things unless weíre really desperate in my opinion.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,226
    Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Try telling that to Alberto Moreno, the ungrateful little shit.

    ....
    Like, what is he still doing at this club? Could someone please enlighten me?
    He's obviously not good enough to be in this team let alone be a squad player if you ask any of the fans who've seen him long enough since the Rodgers' days.
    He's an ungrateful piece of shite who's now trying to disrupt team spirit and trying to pick an argument with Klopp through the press over feeling disrespected or some shit.
    And yet it's clear even Klopp (whom we thought was the the only reason he was still here) doesn't even rate him that much anymore since Clyne who only just came back from injury is rated ahead of him in the pecking order and when fit Klopp even prefers to play a Centerback like Gomez out of position in the fullback positions when our starters are out of commission, rather than go to Morono.

    So what the hell is he even doing here?

    The only reason I could surmise is that there are absolutely no takers out there - not even in his native Spain - that would take him, even for a bag of peanuts and a crate of water-bottles.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

  5. #65
    Solanke isn't going to Palace after all, due to "concerns over his fitness"

    Yes Roy, that's why we wanted you to give him some games like

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    21,507
    Hahaha Roy you knob.

    Go and enjoy yourself in Glasgow Dom lad, failing that go score a few for Jurgenís best mate.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Octagon
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    It's not the first time we've lost out on a transfer target to Chelsea (assuming we were even bidding for him in the first place), only for him to end up there and have it not work out like he thought it would.

    Luckily for that last guy we went for (who ended up there), he somehow found his way back to Liverpool and ended up being a record goal-scorer of the season falling just shy of breaking Ian Rush's club record.

    I think he went by the name Salah or something......

    Pulisic may yet end up regretting choosing Chelsea over us (whether it was his decision specifically, or it just turned out that way when we wouldn't match Chelsea's price), and he may not be so lucky to get another chance to get here if things don't work out at Chelsea, like Salah was able to get.
    Willian, Salah to name two. I know they will throw money at it. I think Klopp has looked at it and thought that 60mil for a for him is too much. But any fan giving it 'im not arsed, didnt want him anyway is a fool'. He is young and Klopp is the type of amanger who could develop him. He is still only 20, so would of been perfect for building and maintaining the squad in the years to come.

    Agreed, the silver lining could be the chelski chopping and changing of managers, he could be another salah situation. As well as it looks like a replacement for an exiting Hazard. IF we werent in for him then fair enough.
    The Anfield plaque is there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Octagon
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post

    It wouldn't surprise me if we came out of this transfer window with either one of Werner or Rabiot, and an all-utility defender who can cover either the fullback or centerback positions.
    this would cover us nicley. Either of those two and a cheeky bid for Alderweireld
    The Anfield plaque is there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,226
    Quote Originally Posted by g-man View Post
    Willian, Salah to name two. I know they will throw money at it. I think Klopp has looked at it and thought that 60mil for a for him is too much. But any fan giving it 'im not arsed, didnt want him anyway is a fool'. He is young and Klopp is the type of amanger who could develop him. He is still only 20, so would of been perfect for building and maintaining the squad in the years to come.

    Agreed, the silver lining could be the chelski chopping and changing of managers, he could be another salah situation. As well as it looks like a replacement for an exiting Hazard. IF we werent in for him then fair enough.
    I wanted him. But not at that price.
    And it seems the club felt the same way if we were ever in it to begin with.

    60 Million for a 20 year old who's barely a starter in his own club and certainly not the best at his position in his own club and with one year left on his contract is terrible business on Chelsea's part - regardless of the potential for the future that he holds.
    If they had waited another 6 months or even a year until he was on the last year of his contract (which is what I believe our position was), it's not inconceivably that DOrtmund would have sold him for half that amount or even less just to make sure they didn't lose him for nothing.
    Chelsea panicked that they would get rival bids and with the impending departure of Hazard, didn't want to find themselves in the summer with nothing to show for going into the future in a post-Harzard landscape.

    But at the end of the day the transfer - at this time of the year - makes as little sense as Barca buying Coutinho from us last year for an outrageous fee did for them since a) they obviously didn't need him to win the League since they had that pretty much all sewn up by the time he was going there b) they couldn't use him in the Champion's League where they really needed him since he was cup-tied and most importantly c) if they had waited until the summer they would have gotten him anyway since the player had already potentially undercut his market value (potentially screwed us in the process) by making clear that he wanted to leave for Barcelona. Bad management by his agent in that respect since it always screws the club selling you and makes it that much harder that you'll get good contract terms yourself if you do manage to pull it off. Luckily for us Barca were similarly in a bad situation having just lost Neymar to PSG without a fight, and after having watched their regional rivals win their third consecutive Champion's League title - and they felt pressured to show the fans that they too had a bright future.

    It's a little similar to our situation when van Dijk made it clear he wanted to leave Southampton and that we were his preferred destination. It immediately put them in the drivers' seat of any impending negotiations (because everyone knew we needed to fix our defense and VvD was the man Klopp wanted most) and as we saw, they really drove up that transfer fee given the chance (with the whole tapping up screwup from the summer before) even without needing a bidding war to do so. Once again luckily for us it's worked out in the end in our favor and it seems we still ended up with a bargain given his performance and impact so far.

    I'm of the strong belief that Pulisic wanted to come to us not least because he would get to play for Klopp (again), but he couldn't openly say so for the reasons I outlined above (with his agent probably telling him to keep schtum if he wanted the move to work out) - but when the inevitable bidding war for his services between ourselves, Chelsea and possibly Arsenal and the Mancs didn't materialise, he resigned himself to accepting the fact he was going to be a Chelsea player - even though a lot of people in the American Football team establishment likewise don't believe that Chelsea is the best fit for him given their horrid record with developing young talent.

    I still trust in Klopp's instincts and the club's decision in this regard and in light of the fee he went for, I say they got it spot on.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 3rd January 2019 at 01:06 AM.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Anxiety Avenue in Tinnitus Town
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Like, what is he still doing at this club? Could someone please enlighten me?
    He's obviously not good enough to be in this team let alone be a squad player if you ask any of the fans who've seen him long enough since the Rodgers' days.
    He's an ungrateful piece of shite who's now trying to disrupt team spirit and trying to pick an argument with Klopp through the press over feeling disrespected or some shit.
    And yet it's clear even Klopp (whom we thought was the the only reason he was still here) doesn't even rate him that much anymore since Clyne who only just came back from injury is rated ahead of him in the pecking order and when fit Klopp even prefers to play a Centerback like Gomez out of position in the fullback positions when our starters are out of commission, rather than go to Morono.

    So what the hell is he even doing here?

    The only reason I could surmise is that there are absolutely no takers out there - not even in his native Spain - that would take him, even for a bag of peanuts and a crate of water-bottles.
    Great post!!....Moreno's fucking shyte,we all know it...The sooner the little fecker's gone the better....

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •